We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling to Santorini

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
7 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Traveling to Santorini

I am planning to go to Santorini from Athens. Can I do this without a tourist guide. Are the ship reliable since we are joining a Globus tour after 2 days of trip to Santorini

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
3,082 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traveling to Santorini

The ferries are reliable,unless there is a storm warning,there are cancellations of departures then,ferry takes up to 8 hours to reach the island.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
7 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Traveling to Santorini

Thank you for your message but

what is the weather like early June in Athens?

3. Re: Traveling to Santorini

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 April 2014, 12:56
Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
1,088 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Traveling to Santorini

Ι agree,flying is a much better and faster option.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
4,709 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Traveling to Santorini

weather history in june for athens

https:/…Athens-Athina-Attica-Greece

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
7 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Traveling to Santorini

Really appreciate all your replies. Yes, we decided to fly but we arriving Athens June 3 at approx. 8pm. We intend to fly next day and the next day flight to Santorini is very early. Is there a hotel near the airport or can we stay inside the hotel to wait for the next flight? Thank you once again for any help

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
3,082 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Traveling to Santorini

the only hotel next to the airport is sofitel,a bit expensive another one is this one.

http://www.perishotelapt.gr/

Maryland
Level Contributor
561 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Traveling to Santorini

There's a 9:30 PM Aegean flight from Athens to Santorini. IF you're arriving Athens from a Eurozone country (will have already gone through security/customs) and have carry on luggage, you may be able to make this flight and avoid an overnight stay in Athens. Otherwise, the connection would be too tight for my comfort.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
599 posts
366 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Traveling to Santorini

Bhoy969: We did the same trip in Nov 2013 and decided to catch the first flight out or Athens for Santorini. It was Olympic airlines departure at 0615hr checkin 0540hr. We stayed at a hotel close to Victoria station.

We caught a taxi in the early hours of the morning 2-3am, went to Syntagma square caught the express bus X95 to the airport, reached there about 4am checked in and made the flight to Santorini. The X95 operates at all hours, with lower frequencies in the early morning. You will need to tune the timing depending on where you're staying. I thought of staying at the airport but the airport express in the early morning is quick and no traffic jam.

Arriving early in Santorini has it's advantages, you get to view a beautiful sunrise from the plane and have the whole day ahead of you in Santorini to check out the hotels, decide if they are suitable for you and then pick the best one ! You can even hire a car at the airport and drive out to Oia if you want to.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
7 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Traveling to Santorini

Thank you to all your replies. They are helpful and Peris Hotel even answered my email. My stay for the night will be Euro80. Can anyone answer me if we can just wait for our plane the next morning. We are arriving 8:45pm in Athens and the next flight will be 5 am in the morning. Is it worth staying in the hotel?