We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Budget Awareness

Level Contributor
19 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
Budget Awareness

I may be visiting Athens,

I had made some Friends over the Couchsurf to like be my friend and make my trip enjoyable with some memories.

I read somewhere that in Athens if you go with friends you had newly made on sites and you like go to bar or something it may cost you like a 100 euro or so because these people bring all of their friends with them and put the whole bill on you.

Please make me aware about what is the trend. would it cost like a 100 Euro.

1. Re: Budget Awareness

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 April 2014, 12:56
Level Contributor
19 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Budget Awareness

No ! what actually happen please tell me usually how much it cost , even i think that article i read was like over threatening.

3. Re: Budget Awareness

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Edited: 23 April 2014, 12:56
4. Re: Budget Awareness

5. Re: Budget Awareness

Edited: 23 April 2014, 12:56
6. Re: Budget Awareness

Level Contributor
19 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Budget Awareness

Thanks Dude ! for a kind advice

Delphi,Greece
Destination Expert
for Delphi
Level Contributor
6,105 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Budget Awareness

Hello Udit!

I have not quite understand if you plan to stay with someone through coach surfing or just meet for a drink or what... It is always wise to prefer someone who has build some history and gets positive feedback within the system.

You may want to have a look on this thread about couch surfing in general:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i12357-k6934461…

If you simply try to bond with locals, you may consider the Athens greeting program "This is My Athens" :

myathens.thisisathens.org/default.php…

Level Contributor
19 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Budget Awareness

Thats is what i am actually trying to ask thax. Mariha, well i had chatted with some people and they want to join me their for like a coffee and show nearby areas. your reference article and program you referred are seem very useful.

Delphi,Greece
Destination Expert
for Delphi
Level Contributor
6,105 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Budget Awareness

Hi again!

Most people are genuine, so I don't think this is a scam or anything, but it is always wise to take normal precautions. Starting with a coffee at a busy public place is a good idea, at least to check if you get along with those people, before been committed on a meeting on night hours.