We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

June airfare ATH-JTR

FOV
Boston
Level Contributor
244 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
June airfare ATH-JTR

Flights from Athens to Santorini for the end of June look pricey! We are 3 months from travel, do fares for this route generally continue to climb or are there big fluxuations? Thanks!

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
45 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: June airfare ATH-JTR

I paid 220eur per pax for my return-ticket of ATH-JTR-ATH on Aegean airlines with 23kg checked baggage for Aug 2014. How about yours?

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: June airfare ATH-JTR

Hey again FOV:-) Anyone's guess;-) Supply and demand rules and sometimes they add flights to meet the demand.. June is pretty much into Season for this popular isle.. so up to you if comfortable with price to book now.. can go either way as time approaches with chances of prices rising as time approaches;-) Enjoy!

FOV
Boston
Level Contributor
244 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: June airfare ATH-JTR

Sharonleesm - I am looking at 1-way flights IST-ATH-JTR. Some nice deals if I want to spend the night in Athens and leave for Santorini in the morning. I'm trying to avoid the hassle of an overnight. Flights start at $141 USD with an overnight in ATH and jump to $260+ for travel all in one day on my preferred day of travel. I need 5 tix so the price increase adds up quickly!

Litsa - Hello again! Yup, trying to beat the airlines at the price game will drive you nuts!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: June airfare ATH-JTR

Ah geez! You need 5 tickets?;-) Look at it this way.. with a price difference of approx. $120 p/p, you're looking at approx. $600 in savings but chances are you'll be spending close to that amount (well, maybe half) for accommodations as well as food, transport to/from airport.. kind of 6 of 1 half dozen of the other;-) You're obviously looking to cost the tickets separately as well.. good thing to do since sometimes it can come out more economical than through tickets! This is a tough one, lol!! I'm a last minute planner for the most part.. then again, I usually travel alone or as a couple and do admit have nailed some good deals that way.. but with 5 tickets, that's a whole other ballpark! I'd keep an eye out on the airfares for another couple of weeks. till the end of the month.. thereabouts.. but that's me! Do what you feel is comfortable for you.. and don't look back;-) Keep us posted.. always Enjoy!

FOV
Boston
Level Contributor
244 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: June airfare ATH-JTR

Litsa, I'm traveling with my husband and our 3 teenagers. The logistics of checking out of our Istanbul hotel a day early, catching an evening flight to Athens, checking into a hotel for 8 hours, transfers to/from the airport, all with 3 tired, cranky teens.... My head was spinning. I just booked the exact flights I wanted. Probably overpaid but we'll all be happier. Thanks for your help!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: June airfare ATH-JTR

My pleasure.. and way to go.. you got what you wanted.. and what fit into your schedule/plans:-) Looking forward to a trip report once all is said and done;-) Enjoyin'!

7. Re: June airfare ATH-JTR

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 March 2015, 04:34