We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tandem hang gliding company?

Which Athens hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
Tandem hang gliding company?

Does Athens (or any where in Greece) offer tandem hang gliding as an entertainment activity? I know a lot of other countries have activities where you can go hang gliding with a professional for a short 10-20 minute ride.. I've tried Googling the same thing for Greece but have come up with no results. I see a lot of websites that support learning about hang gliding, schools, clubs, etc, but nothing for a company who offers rides for tourists. Does this opportunity exist in Greece!?

Thanks!

Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Athens
Level Contributor
13,615 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tandem hang gliding company?

Resources in English are unfortunately few but Tandem hang gliding opportunities do exist.

Other / relative terms are used for the activity, usually the activity is called "paragliding" here or even more usually "αετός" which is something like a kite or an eagle if translated :-). The term "tandem" is very rarely used and most pople don't even know what a tandem bike is.Term used in Greek is a "two seats" bike or "two seats" paragliding and so on.

Service is offered and one example is this company:

o2paragliding.gr/index.php…

or this:

www.flyfreedom.gr/index.php/services/tandem

I have no personal experience with them and i am sure more exist. They do fly relatively near to Athens, that's at Voiotia area or at Megara area , roughly speaking first is midway between Athens and Delphi to the NW, second is midway between Athens and Corinth Canal to the SW. Both locations are appx. 60' - 70' from Athens.

Please do post if you need extra help with translation or have difficulties using Google Translator ( Google Translator still has a very hard time getting Greek to English :) )

2. Re: Tandem hang gliding company?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 March 2015, 05:16