We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Athens Greece accommodation

Which Athens hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
16 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Athens Greece accommodation

Could someone tell me what is the best area for 2 ladies to stay in Athens. We want somewhere safe, also close to transport for sightseeing. Will there in September. Thanks in advance.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
1,088 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Athens Greece accommodation

Syntagma,Plaka,Acropolis areas are the classic choices,avoid Omonia area.

There is no need for transport to the sites since these areas are within a short walking distance to 99% of the sites,the Athens historic center is tiny.

Edited: 24 March 2014, 05:22
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
16 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Athens Greece accommodation

Thank you koutras1, that's very helpful. It's difficult when you don't know the area. We are arriving by plane, then leaving by ship from Piraeus, but thought it would be better to stay in the city for sightseeing reasons.

Washingon DC area
Level Contributor
1,727 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Athens Greece accommodation

I always stay at the Attalos. Nice hotel with a rooftop bar with a great view of the Acropolis. And only a couple blocks from the Monastiraki metro stop which is a direct shot from the airport and to Piraeus and an easy walk to the major sites.

http://www.attaloshotel.com/

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Athens Greece accommodation

Hey and welcome AnnJH433:-) There are loads of hotels in central area.. so stating a budget spread would certainly help narrow it down a bit;-) EnjoY!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
16 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Athens Greece accommodation

Thanks for your reply, I read somewhere else that the Attalos was a good hotel. Nice to know that it's close to everything & also within walking distance of attractions & metro line. I appreciate your help.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Athens Greece accommodation

Hey again AnnJH433:-) Did you know you can read reviews on the Attalos.. as well as loads of other properties here?;-) Just type in the property name up in the search box.. top of this page.. right hand side.. lots of pics too;-) Keep enjoyin'!

concord nh
Level Contributor
3,019 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Athens Greece accommodation

As some know here the Attalos is my choice of accommodations when I go to Athens and I have booked it again for my October stay. Very good budget accommodation centrally located and has one of the best rooftop bars in Athens.

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Athens Greece accommodation

I am so glad you started this post because my girlfriends and I will also be traveling in September and were curious about accommodation in Athens amongst other things. I will certainly look at the hotels recommended here.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
16 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Athens Greece accommodation

Thanks to everyone for their replies re accommodation in Athens. We have booked to stay at Hotel Attalos, so are looking forward to our time in Athens. Your comments were very helpful, thanks, much appreciated.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
16 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Athens Greece accommodation

Could someone please advise whether Saint Germain is a good area for 2 ladies to stay in Paris. Also need to be close to metro or other transport for sightseeing. If not there where would you suggest? Thanks.