We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which Island should I visit?

Portsmouth, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
which Island should I visit?

Hi there!

My friend and I are going to spend 3 days in Athens, and we are planning to visit one island.

Between Agistri, Poros and Spetses, which one is the best? talking about beaches, landscape and place to stay?

thanks!

1. Re: which Island should I visit?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 April 2014, 12:56
Kamala, Thailand
Level Contributor
580 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: which Island should I visit?

Poros... closer than Spetses, so not so long a ferry ride. Lovely beaches, nice rural interior, bustling port, picturesque port & main town.

(I like both, but if I had to choose one, I'd pick Poros. Never been to Agistri.) Perhaps also consider Aegina?

Portsmouth, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: which Island should I visit?

and about night life? do you know where we can find something to do? pub, nightclub or something like this?

4. Re: which Island should I visit?

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 April 2014, 12:47
5. Re: which Island should I visit?

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
22,219 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: which Island should I visit?

Hi,

You could consider both Aegina and Agistri since they are so close to each other. Both islands have beaches. There are (or were) pubs/discos during the summer months on Agistri and I am sure the same can be said for Aegina.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
1,088 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: which Island should I visit?

Both places are extremely touristic and have an abundance of bars and other "establishments"

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
605 posts
376 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: which Island should I visit?

Only one island outside Athens is worth visiting if you don't have time - Santorini !

9. Re: which Island should I visit?

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
1,088 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: which Island should I visit?

<Only one island outside Athens is worth visiting<

What a SAD thing to say,unfortunately most tourists think the same thing...still a statement like that is a million miles away from the TRUTH,Greece has 2.500 islands (150 inhabited ) and of course Santorini is NOT the only one worth visiting.There are many WAY more interesting,cheaper,more beautiful and less touristic islands than Santorini (and Myconos)

Edited: 28 March 2014, 16:36