We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stay in airport before the passport control gate

Which Athens hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Reading, United...
6 posts
Save Topic
Stay in airport before the passport control gate

Hello everyone:

I book the fly ticket (RyanAir) from London to Athens on 12th April and then I applied the schengen visa. However I don't know what's wrong about the Greece embassy but my schengen visa is valid on 13th April! If I re-arrange the fly ticket, there is 1K pounds more for my journey because the hotel, ferry ticket is non-refundable. I am just think another solutions but I got couple questions about my flight journey:

1. If I still want to depart on 12th April, does the London Stansted airport allow me to aboard?

2. Since I arrive at Athens, could I stay on the airport before passport control gate or airside restaurant until midnight? After 12:00 am, my visa is valid, then I can go through the passport control to exist the airport.

3. If I didn’t going with the outbound ticket, could I still use the return ticket?

Really waiting for some idea or suggestions

Thank you very much everyone.

Regards

Reading, United...
6 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Stay in airport before the passport control gate

Tried again. They said if I don't have an appointment, I can't enter the building. what a crap.

Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Athens
Level Contributor
13,514 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Stay in airport before the passport control gate

The Greek Embassy in London site clearly states that Visa Services department works only under appointment.

mfa.gr/uk/…visas.html

Try to call them, explain the problem and request an appointment of the appointment system gives you a date very late. I 'd try to call them, **anyway** having a printout and reference number of my original application.

So, one way or another, try to establish some kind of contact to correct the issue. If you have applied for an April 12th entry date, then it's their mistake and they 'll deal with it.

There is absolutely no way they 'll deal with your request if you tell them "what a crap". This would happen in most embassies int he world.

13. Re: Stay in airport before the passport control gate

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 April 2014, 12:47
Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
1,088 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Stay in airport before the passport control gate

>Tried again. They said if I don't have an appointment, I can't enter the building. what a crap.<

well at least you have become a Greek for a short while...:):) (dealing with a public servant is the Greek's most terrible nightmare...:):) )

15. Re: Stay in airport before the passport control gate

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 April 2015, 05:16