We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

General strike on the 9th April

Which Athens hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
England
Level Contributor
42 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
General strike on the 9th April

Hello,

Does anyone know if the general strike on the 9th April will also be for air traffic controllers? I am flying into Athens on that day from London and then catching an Aegean Airlines flight 2h later to Thessaloniki. Thank you for your help.

Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Athens
Level Contributor
13,538 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: General strike on the 9th April

We don't have any information like this up to now. I 'd seriously doubt they will go on strike. We may see 4 - 5 hours of strike during the day, which will mean flights being readjusted during the day to serve all passengers. We ;'ll have to wait and see how this goes; it's still very very early;

If TC's go on strike, this will most probably be announced sometime around the 6th or 7th of April, definitely last minute.

At that point i would not worry. Pattern during the last times was to readjust flights anyway possible to serve the huge majority of passengers, even if this mean an earlier departure. Keep an eye on it and we 'll see how it goes.

bridgnorth
Level Contributor
3,347 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: General strike on the 9th April

No firm information at the moment, probably none until a couple of days before the ninth .

Keep checking www.livingingreece/strikes , A very good website stays very up to date .

England
Level Contributor
42 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: General strike on the 9th April

Thank you both for your help. I'll look at the website closer to the 9th.

4. Re: General strike on the 9th April

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 April 2015, 05:16