We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aegean Airlines baggage allowance

Macau
Level Contributor
194 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Aegean Airlines baggage allowance

My travel agent bought us tickets from Athens to Santorini for coming August "go light" mode and since the tickets were issued on Hahn Air plate, the only option is to pay at the airport for the baggage. Did someone experience this weird situation?

Online we can get a discount of 40% and I wish to buy it but no option when I managed the booking.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aegean Airlines baggage allowance

Hey again:-) The Go Light fare is basically for those traveling with carry ons.. if you will have luggage to check in, you pay it there direct.. believe it's 15E nonetheless, all the info on fares, etc. can be found directly at carrier's site.. www.aegeanair.com/ You certainly could have booked this directly yourself without a travel agent;-) EnJOY!

UK
Level Contributor
368 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aegean Airlines baggage allowance

It's €30 euros to add a 23kg bag to a go light fare online, I did this last month. You just need your booking reference or E-ticket number to add a bag onto your booking.

Just go onto the My Booking tab on the left hand side of the website.

Edited: 02 April 2014, 19:14
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aegean Airlines baggage allowance

.. if traveling one way.. it's 15E each way on the go lite.. or 30E for a r/t:-) On the Flex fare,1 piece of luggage not to exceed 23K is included ,. regardless, the 40% off is on ticket price.. so if you book the go-lite, there is not discount on luggage:-) Keep enjoyin' all!

Alberta
Level Contributor
82 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aegean Airlines baggage allowance

Oh, I just posted a similar thread. Didn't see this one at the time. I'm trying to understand the baggage policy too. Flying Economy from London. Is it true-1 checked bag is free? And, what about allowable baggage dimensions?

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
1,088 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Aegean Airlines baggage allowance

Visit the Aegean airlines site,all the info you need is clearly stated there,

Alberta
Level Contributor
82 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Aegean Airlines baggage allowance

I didn't completely understand the baggage policy on Aegean's website. This page

…aegeanair.com/travel-information/…

says each passenger may carry baggage weighing up to 20 kilos.

This page,

…aegeanair.com/travel-information/…

says 1 piece of baggage up to 23kg is free of charge

bridgnorth
Level Contributor
3,435 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Aegean Airlines baggage allowance

Travelling short haul in Northern Europe (UK to Athens), if you have a "Flex" ticket this allows for a suitcase weighing 23 kgs in the hold, the cheaper ticket allows carry on bag only.

This is stated on the Aegean website available in the UK.

Edited: 15 April 2014, 10:16
8. Re: Aegean Airlines baggage allowance

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 April 2014, 12:47
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Aegean Airlines baggage allowance

..I don't see a discrepancy July2008Alberta:-) Both links state the same 23 kilo limit:-) Enjoyin'!

Alberta
Level Contributor
82 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Aegean Airlines baggage allowance

UK to Greece seems to be listed under International Long as per note (3) on the website...? And, to get to the first link I posted, I simply Googled Aegean Airlines baggage policy and selected one of the results.

Here is a cut-and-paste of info from the first link:

This is listed under a general headline, Permitted Baggage for Luggage and Hand Luggage:

"The maximum weight for one piece is restricted to 32kg."

This is listed under the headline, Economy Class, Baggage:

"Each passenger may carry baggage weighing up to 20 kilos on all domestic and international flights,"

So you see how I got confused. But I think I am clear now.