We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry Strike -April 9th 2014 - Athens to Santorini

Which Athens hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Ferry Strike -April 9th 2014 - Athens to Santorini

Hi there,

Greetings..

We have been informed that there are no tickets on April 9th 2014 to Santorini due to strike.

We landed yesterday at Athens airport and tried to buy tickets..We were not aware of this before. We do have hotel booking from Wednesday at Oia.

I request you if have any alternative idea please let us know

Thanks in advance

Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Athens
Level Contributor
13,538 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferry Strike -April 9th 2014 - Athens to Santorini

Since you already are in Athens, things are a bit easier.

Try to work this out with your Santorini hotel as a starter.

1. Is there an option of contacting your Santorini hotel and cancelling one night, adding this in Athens? That means going to Santorini on the 1oth, without losing any money of course This is most usually the easiest option. You 'll need another night in Athens, this is easy, so many hotels.

2. Another alternative is to leave for Santorini one day earlier, adding on night there and travelling on the 8th.

3. If you definitely want to travel on the 9th, flying can be an option. It 'll be more expensive than ferry i guess: Fares on Aegean or Olympic Air start from around 115 euros one way per person for the morning flight.

So, you 'll have to travel on the 10th, or the 8th, or fly on the 9th.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
12,008 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferry Strike -April 9th 2014 - Athens to Santorini

Simply take a ferry on the 8th, or 10th, buy your ticket now. No problem with 1 night on Santorini at this time of year, maybe your current one can change the booking, if not there are plenty of others.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
677 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ferry Strike -April 9th 2014 - Athens to Santorini

I agree with Nick and R H, shouldn't be a problem re-arranging at this time of year.

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ferry Strike -April 9th 2014 - Athens to Santorini

Hi Nick,

Thank you very much for the options..well explained.

I booked the flight tickets (Aegean Airlines) early morning 6:00 (only available time slot) to Santorini for 9th.

Option # 1 & 2 won't work for us. We are in Kalambaka now and today evening by train we are traveling back to Athens and have plans to roam Athens tomorrow 8th Tuesday. Very tight schedule. I would like say a big Thank you and really appreciate for taking your time to reply us.

With Kind Regards

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
21 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ferry Strike -April 9th 2014 - Athens to Santorini

Is there a morning, fast ferry from Athens to Santorini on September 6, 2014? I apologize but I can't find a simple schedule that is in English.

Thanks

Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
3,483 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Ferry Strike -April 9th 2014 - Athens to Santorini

https://www.gtp.gr/RoutesResults.asp…

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
677 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ferry Strike -April 9th 2014 - Athens to Santorini

gtp.gr or openseas .gr

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
20,861 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ferry Strike -April 9th 2014 - Athens to Santorini

The Blue Star ferries are daily all year around for Piraeus - Paros - Naxos - Santorini. It is the main public transport for the islanders' between the islands and for Athens.

9. Re: Ferry Strike -April 9th 2014 - Athens to Santorini

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 June 2015, 05:18