We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Licenced Tour Guide for Acropolis private guided tour?

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
461 posts
229 reviews
Save Topic
Licenced Tour Guide for Acropolis private guided tour?

Hello everyone ---

I just found Dora's business card, and can now provide this information to those who have sent me Private Messages asking for this information:

Dora Mavrommati, Licenced Tourist Guide

(certified in both English and German languages)

M.SC. Archeological Computing

PHD Researcher at National Kapodistrian University of Athens

Phone number (+30) 6946 899 300

E-mail: mavrom.dor@gmail.com

We paid 75 Euros for a 2-hour tour for 2 persons, not including the Acropolis Ticket.

Hope this is helpful for anyone planning their visit to the Acropolis…..

Private Greece Tours
Archaeology Tours, Private Tours, Multi-day Tours, Day Trips, Sightseeing Tours
Athens Limo Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Taxis & Shuttles, Walking Tours, Archaeology Tours, Private Tours
Athens Taxi John's Yellow Cab
Sightseeing Tours, Taxis & Shuttles, Archaeology Tours, City Tours, Private Tours
Timeless Athens Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Taxis & Shuttles, Archaeology Tours, City Tours, Private Tours
25 replies to this topic
Sacramento...
Level Contributor
461 posts
229 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Licenced Tour Guide for Acropolis private guided tour?

bump -- for "Ann255066"

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
461 posts
229 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Licenced Tour Guide for Acropolis private guided tour?

bump -- for "SB_Traveler" who asked for Dora's phone number in a PM….

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
15 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Licenced Tour Guide for Acropolis private guided tour?

Thanks so much, Matt, for posting Dora's contact information. I booked a tour of the Acropolis with Dora yesterday, just one day before visiting Athens with my husband and me (late 50's) and my young adult daughter. Dora promptly responded to my early morning (7:30 a.m.) email and we arranged to meet at 11:00 a.m. this morning. We toured the Acropolis and then the New Acropolis museum. Dora was a perfect guide for us as she is about my daughter's age, which helped to make the Acropolis "relevant." Having degrees in both archeology and history, Dora had a wealth of knowledge about her homeland, explaining not only the architectural elements of the ruins, but also the political, social, geographical, and religious context in which Athens developed. She explained the transition from Greek mythological gods to Christianity, and pointed out several remnants of Greek Antiquity in today's culture, including the United States. Dora gave me a far better appreciation for Greece's history and the importance of the Acropolis, than I would have ever gleaned from trying to read a guidebook. Her tour is excellent!

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
21,960 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Licenced Tour Guide for Acropolis private guided tour?

Other options:

http://www.athens-walks.com/

Highly recommended in the forums.

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
461 posts
229 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Licenced Tour Guide for Acropolis private guided tour?

Glad you liked her.......hope the rest of your trip was equally wonderful!!! ;)

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
108 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Licenced Tour Guide for Acropolis private guided tour?

Thanks for posting this info Matt C. I was on the net last night trying to find a recommended licensed guide to accompany me to the Acropolis during my visit to Athens in October!

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
461 posts
229 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Licenced Tour Guide for Acropolis private guided tour?

You're welcome.

Los Angeles...
4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Licenced Tour Guide for Acropolis private guided tour?

Matt could you repost guides name and info for athens I missed air.. thanks, Lori

Los Angeles...
4 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Licenced Tour Guide for Acropolis private guided tour?

Matt could you repost guides name and info for athens I missed air.. thanks, Lori

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
2,296 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Licenced Tour Guide for Acropolis private guided tour?

Association of Licensed Tourist Guides . http://tourist-guides.gr/en.aspx .The Association of Licensed Tourist Guides has 1000 members that work all over Greece, undertaking programs and visits for Schools, Educational Institutions, Travel Agencies, various Organizations and individual visitors. Our members accommodate the needs for guiding in 28 different languages (Albanian, Arabic, Armenian, Bulgarian, Chinese, Croatian, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, Flemish, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovakian, Slovenian, Swedish, Czech, Turkish and Spanish) and in their majority (58%) they are also University graduates. They can thus satisfy the demands of a specialized audience with a profound knowledge in any of the following subjects: architecture, geology, mathematics, physics, agriculture, history of art, archeology, education, philosophy, religion etc

Reply to: Licenced Tour Guide for Acropolis private guided tour?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted