We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help needed RE airport to Pan hotel transfer.

dayton, OH
Level Contributor
267 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Help needed RE airport to Pan hotel transfer.

Hi All,

I will be traveeling to greece in end of May. It will be me and wife my, 2 yr old daughter and 8 yr old son. We will get to Athens from US around 8 pm. We are staying at Pan Hotel. I would like to know how to get from airport to Pan hotel. Easy with public transport? I would be okay using Taxi since this will be after long flight, how much will Taxi cose, also any specific Taxi compnay that should be used, fare settled upon before leaving airport or meter based?

Thanks for all the help.

Also on June 1st, will be leaving Athen for Naxos using Blue start Ferry which leave early morning, instructions on how to get to port from Pan hotel that early, I think ferry leaves at 630 in the morning.

Thanks all.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
1,088 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Help needed RE airport to Pan hotel transfer.

Under "Top Questions about Athens" you will find all the info you need,IMHO you should take it easy and just get a taxi and pay the 35 EURO flat rate that is very cheap (a metro ride fro 4 persons would cost you almost the same money and take a lot longer plus some walking,the hotel is not close to the station)

Edited: 11 April 2014, 19:54
Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
1,088 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Help needed RE airport to Pan hotel transfer.

>the hotel is not close to the station<

it is quite close but not for walking w/ luggage and 2 teenagers in tow especially after a 12 hour flight.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help needed RE airport to Pan hotel transfer.

Hey and welcome ziqch:-) I tend to agree with 2 kids, you'd be better off just grabbing a cab for a flat rate of 35E straight to hotel door.. will take anywhere from 35-40 min on up depending on traffic;-) You'll all be a bit lagged and rubber legged.. but if you have the stamina, there is a dedicated Express Bus X95 that does the run from the airport to Syntagma Square for 5E p/p.. your hotel is literally 'down the hill' there from the Square across the Street down a couple of blocks.. smack across Tzitzikas & Mermingas taverna/restaurant which I suggest you try;-) Would personally deep-6 the metro idea.. after being couped up, I looked for some air, lol;-))

You'll find the cab line right outside arrivals.. once you exit formalities/retrieve luggage, it's steps to exit the arrival's hall.. cabs are lined up right there.. and the dedicated Express bus is right in front of the cab line.. you won't miss either.. piece of cake;-)

As far as getting to Piraeus, again, just grab a cab.. you're looking at approx. 20E again door to door so to speak! Piraeus is a huge port and can be confusing for 1st timers.. you can take the Green Line metro but would require a train change from Syntagma Square stop to Monasteraki metro station where you grab the Green Line straight out to Piraeus.. all in, you're looking at about an hour thereabouts depending on train connections.. and the metro doesn't start till around 5a.. don't know specifics, but am sure someone here will! A cab will take approx. 20 min thereabouts.. traffic dependent but at that hour of the morning, you should be good to go;) EnJOY!

dayton, OH
Level Contributor
267 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Help needed RE airport to Pan hotel transfer.

Thanks for quick reply, 35 euro does not sound bad esp when we will have luggage also. I will go with Taxi when we arrive. I am guessing dont have to look for specific compnay like in some places?

Also advice RE: going to Port from Hotel to leave for Naxos.

Thanks

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
1,088 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Help needed RE airport to Pan hotel transfer.

Τhere are no taxi companies in Greece,all taxis are privately owned (it is a "closed " profession at least for the meantime)

Still you can call a radio taxi conglomeration (your hotel will do it for you) for picking you up at your hotel door (18222 is the number and does not charge any extra for this service )

Edited: 11 April 2014, 21:09
dayton, OH
Level Contributor
267 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Help needed RE airport to Pan hotel transfer.

Awesome, thanks for the advice Koutras and Litsa, Will go with Taxis on both these times as will be convenienet with luggage and kids.

7. Re: Help needed RE airport to Pan hotel transfer.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 April 2015, 06:16