We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Great food/folk music/dancing

Which Athens hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Florida
Level Contributor
135 posts
Save Topic
Great food/folk music/dancing

We'd love to spend a great evening eating wonderful Greek food and enjoying folk music and dance. There are lists of places offering folk music, but I'd like to find one that has great food as well. I don't know how to start narrowing the search....we will be in Athens on July 2, 3, and 4 probably staying in the Plaka or Monostariki area but we would take a taxi to anywhere suggested. Thanks for any help you can provide! I hope I'm not asking something that has already been answered but it appears a lot of the nightlife questions are about clubs....thank you in advance for your advice/assistance!

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
4,346 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Great food/folk music/dancing

hi,you will find these places in psiri neighborhood,especially in weekends..

Edited: 15 April 2014, 17:04
Phoenixville...
Level Contributor
123 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Great food/folk music/dancing

I too am interested in what Sunny has asked about.

Can you offer up any suggestions in the Psiri neighborhood. Thanks for any help you may be able to provide!

Michigan
Level Contributor
86 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Great food/folk music/dancing

Although I won't personally experience this until my visit in late May, the following places look good that have rebetiko and other music and dancing, and some have food:

1. Stoa Athanaton - Central Market area, but limited hours and months

2. Stamatopoulos Tavern - Omonia, bouzouki

3. Rebetiki Istoria - Exarchia

They open late. You can see some previews on YouTube. There are other places if you google rebitiko/rembitiko/rebetiki/rembetika, which is just one of the forms of Greek music.

Edited: 17 April 2014, 13:55
Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
1,088 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Great food/folk music/dancing

>1. Stoa Athanaton - Central Market area, but limited hours and months

2. Stamatopoulos Tavern - Omonia, bouzouki

3. Rebetiki Istoria - Exarchia<

too bad that all these will be closed in July.

Edited: 17 April 2014, 16:30
5. Re: Great food/folk music/dancing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 April 2015, 06:16