We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reach athens at night and flight back next morning

Which Athens hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
54 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Reach athens at night and flight back next morning

I reach athens- Pireaus port back from santorini at 11pm at night and then have a flight to catch at 10am next morning from the airport. Any suggestions on where my husband and i can spend the night. We dnt want something too expensive since its only about 7-8 hours and would it also be better to choose something close to the airport or the Pireaus

Soissons, France
Level Contributor
1,214 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reach athens at night and flight back next morning

HI,

I think you will not find an hotel not expensive near the airoport. In my opinion it would be better to go to the center of Athens (underground, taxi, bus ...) to go to the airport the day after.

Fabrice

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
54 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reach athens at night and flight back next morning

Thanks fabrice...

What bus\metro goes from pireaus to syntagma\plaka?

We thought we'll take the metro to the airport from syntagma or plaka.

Any suggestions on budget hotels that side as well?

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
153 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Reach athens at night and flight back next morning

Line 1 from pireus, change to line 3 (dir doukisis plakentias, airport) at Monastiraki. Syntagma is one stop away from Monastiraki. If you stay in Plaka you might have to walk a bit.

New York, NY
Level Contributor
919 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Reach athens at night and flight back next morning

I am not sure that Line 1 of the metro (ISAP) will still be running at that time of night. It tends to stop running a bit earlier than Lines 2 and 3 of the (new) metro.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
153 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Reach athens at night and flight back next morning

Services stop at around midnight, I think the last one is at 11:50 isH. If that does not work, take the 040 bus from Terpsitheas square (make a right on akti tzelepi once you exit the gate of the port then continue on to Vasileos Georgiou Ave (should be 1 km away) to Sytagma.

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
21,112 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Reach athens at night and flight back next morning

Here is a budget option close to the airport:

http://www.perishotelapt.gr/

Edited: 21 April 2014, 19:38
Darwin, Australia
Level Contributor
398 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Reach athens at night and flight back next morning

With these limited hours, why don't you stay in Piraeus and go to the airport then next morning, unless you are set on some early morning sight seeing the day you leave? It will mean one journey instead of two,,,

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
153 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Reach athens at night and flight back next morning

a) When it comes to hotels, there are more options in downtown Athens than Pireus

and

b) Pireus morning traffic might mean that one must leave really early in order to catch a 10 am flight from ATH, since the drive might even take more than 90 mins, so taking the metro from downtown Athens is a safer bet….

9. Re: Reach athens at night and flight back next morning

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 April 2015, 06:16