We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Santorini to Athens to Munich - Min. Conn. Time at Athens?

New Delhi, India
3 posts
Save Topic
Santorini to Athens to Munich - Min. Conn. Time at Athens?

Hi,

I'm flying to Munich via Athens from Santorini in Mid-Oct this year and have a 80 min connection time on Aegean airlines. I'll be carrying check-in baggage but since the carrier is the same for both flights, hopefully that should not be an issue.

Thoughts on whether 80 minutes would be sufficient at Athens airport? I understand it is a smaller airport than most intl. airports but still wanted to be sure. It is a through ticket and not 2 individual ones.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Santorini to Athens to Munich - Min. Conn. Time at Athens?

Hey and welcome Karanb86:-) Since you are on a through ticket, even in case of a miss, you will be covered! Nonetheless, this is purely a personal call.. one that involves your own personal comfort zone.. your risk-tolerance level rules;-) 80 min will work fine if your flight is not delayed and there are no mishaps! It's usually rec'd to fly in from an isle the day before.. just in case and to be on the safe side.. to cover for any mishaps that may occur coming in from an isle! Although it's been accomplished successfully by a gazillion folks.. including myself.. you need to consider the *if* factor.. how much of an inconvenience a miss would cause you, etc;-)

Aegean is a great carrier.. with a great customer service record and they will do their best to get you on 'next available' whenever that may be.. and again, always a personal call with these shorter connection times:-) Best.. and EnJOY!

New Delhi, India
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Santorini to Athens to Munich - Min. Conn. Time at Athens?

Thanks Litsa!

I think I'll take the other option of reaching Athens early morning around 7.30 and taking the connection at 2pm. Should give me sufficient time in case of weather related delays. My ticket goes from santorini to athens to munich to india (switch from aegean to lufthansa at munich) - i really dont want to miss one and be put on the "next available" which may be nothing sooner than the next day!

Thanks!

Karan

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Santorini to Athens to Munich - Min. Conn. Time at Athens?

My pleasure Karan:-) That's more than enough of a time spread.. gives you way more leeway than 80 minutes in case of delays since one miss on these connections can cause a horrible domino affect! I'd personally still rather get in the night before instead of having to wake up so early in Santorini.. but of course, that's just my take and call on it;-) All the best.. keep us posted.. keep enJOYin'!

4. Re: Santorini to Athens to Munich - Min. Conn. Time at Athens?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 April 2015, 06:15