We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Questions about International Museum Day, May 18

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
748 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Questions about International Museum Day, May 18

As it turns out my trip in Athens will overlap International Museum Day on May 18.

It's my understanding (I hope I'm right) that all museums and monuments are free on that day....Can you guys recommend which might be best to take advantage of ?

In other words, which attractions are higher priced that would be free on that day.

If it makes any sense and is practical, we might save the more expensive attractions (and some euros) for that day..

Can anyone suggest which attractions to see, and/or in what order.

Thanks for any advice or suggestions

Edited: 30 April 2014, 00:53
Sacramento...
Level Contributor
461 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Questions about International Museum Day, May 18

Keep in mind that the museums will be VERY CROWDED on this free day.

My advice is to spend the 7 Euros and see the National Archeological Museum when its not as busy. (Don't go on Sunday, its 1/2 closed down because of budget cuts to staffing).

And, the Benaki is always free on Thursdays. Go early, right when they open! A must see.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
2,300 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Questions about International Museum Day, May 18

I agree with MattC.

All four Benaki museums are free on Thursdays but with different admission hours

Entrance will be free until 8/7/2014

. http://www.benaki.gr/index.asp?lang=en&id=402 .

. www.benaki.gr/index.asp?lang=en&id=1010201 .

. www.benaki.gr/index.asp?id=10107&lang=en .

. www.benaki.gr/index.asp… .

Also Kanellopoulos museum is always free . odysseus.culture.gr/h/1/eh151.jsp?obj_id=3320 .

3. Re: Questions about International Museum Day, May 18

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 May 2015, 05:16