We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus X80 Piraeus(cruise terminal-Acropolis-Syntagma

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
3,082 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Bus X80 Piraeus(cruise terminal-Acropolis-Syntagma

A new bus service from the cruise terminal to Acropolis and Syntagma starts tomorrow Monday 12th of May.

X80 is the number on the bus,it will run from 7 am to 9.30pm every 30 minutes on a daily basis,you can use the 4 euro daily tourist ticket or the 20 euro 3 day ticket that covers transport to the airport as well.

George's Taxi
Taxis & Shuttles, Private Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Sightseeing Tours, City Tours
Private Greece Tours
Archaeology Tours, Private Tours, Multi-day Tours, Day Trips, Sightseeing Tours
Athens Free Tour
City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Athens Limo Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Taxis & Shuttles, Walking Tours, Archaeology Tours, Private Tours
71 replies to this topic
Manchester
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Bus X80 Piraeus(cruise terminal-Acropolis-Syntagma

May I ask where can I buy the 4 euro ticket ? can i buy it onboard?

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
3,082 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Bus X80 Piraeus(cruise terminal-Acropolis-Syntagma

we have not used this service,either at the kiosk next to the bus stop or in the bus from the driver,check with the cruise ship information desk.

Florida
Level Contributor
32 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Bus X80 Piraeus(cruise terminal-Acropolis-Syntagma

Coming off a cruise ship, Azamara Quest, where does one catch this X80 bus? Does one pay on board? And is there room for passengers carrying their luggage for a few days in Athens?Thanks!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
32 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Bus X80 Piraeus(cruise terminal-Acropolis-Syntagma

thanks very much for the photos, Nich_arch! they gave me a good sense of what the travel will be like - should be OK given that it's only an hour's travel from the city to the port. Or is it? :P

New Zealand
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
15. Re: Bus X80 Piraeus(cruise terminal-Acropolis-Syntagma

As its a large port, is it easy to find the metro station for this express bus ? I note a few have asked can you buy tickets on board

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
3,082 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Bus X80 Piraeus(cruise terminal-Acropolis-Syntagma

you can buy tickets on board,metro station is 15-20 minutes walk from the cruise dock.

Kansas
Level Contributor
620 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Bus X80 Piraeus(cruise terminal-Acropolis-Syntagma

Wondering if thisinformation from an old post is a still reliable alternative to walking to catch the X80?

"There are buses from the cruise terminal to the metro station, they are quite convenient and will save you a bit of walking. The numbers you need to look out for are 843 or 859.843 is the one with the most frequent departures (every 7-8 mins). Buy your tickets at the ticket kiosk and validate them once you board the bus. Cost is 1,20€ pp for the bus or 1,40€ for bus and metro to Thissio/Akropoli, or buy a daily ticket for 4€ and you can use it all day on all modes of transport."

Thank you!

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
3,082 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Bus X80 Piraeus(cruise terminal-Acropolis-Syntagma

bus x80 needs no walking,it stops outside the cruise terminal

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
22,585 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Bus X80 Piraeus(cruise terminal-Acropolis-Syntagma

Hi,

Post 17, the information regarding the buses is still relevant if you are arriving at cruise terminal 1. However, I am unable to comment regarding the cost of a daily ticket.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
3,082 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Bus X80 Piraeus(cruise terminal-Acropolis-Syntagma

daily ticket is 4 euros and its valid for 24 hours from the validation time.,single bus ticket is 1.20,metro is 1,40 this does not cover transportation with the x80 bus.

Reply to: Bus X80 Piraeus(cruise terminal-Acropolis-Syntagma
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted