We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How many nights in Athens?

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
45 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
How many nights in Athens?

I am going to Athens in June 2015 with my family and wondering how many nights I should spend there to get a good glimpse of Greek culture and visit the top sights and museums.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,059 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How many nights in Athens?

At least 3 nights in my opinion

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
951 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How many nights in Athens?

I do agree with ddtem, but at the same time, I have to ask, do your other family members have the same level of interest in culture, history, museums etc. as you? If not, 3 days may be a bit much for them. It can get very hot in June in Athens and many people would rather spend their vacation time by the sea rather than in Athens... Might be something to think about, especially if your total vacation time is limited as well...

Ottawa
Level Contributor
2,368 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How many nights in Athens?

Hi Samuel. I too would suggest at least 3 nights. There really is alot to see and if you spread your time out a bit rather than a whirl-wind visit, you can fit in quite a varied experience. For example, visit the historic landmarks early in the day. Have a nice lunch in the Plaka area. Afterwards, consider museums, the National Gardens and changing of the guard ceremonies in Syntagma square. There is also a very interesting fish/veggie/meat market, and a flea market as well (Changing of the guard ceremony and flea market especially good on Sundays). It really will depend on your family's interests and how much vacation time you have. Happy planning!

Karen

4. Re: How many nights in Athens?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 May 2015, 06:16