We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 favorite restaurants

Astoria, New York
Level Contributor
230 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
3 favorite restaurants

Hello! My husband and I will be in Athens mid June. We will be staying at Athens Central Hotel in the Plaka. We only have 3 nights, and plan to do a lot of sightseeing. Please, recommend your favorite restaurants for lunch or dinner... around the Plaka and/or near the sights. I haven't had much time to research, so any recommendations will be appreciated.

Thanks so much!

Ottawa
Level Contributor
2,370 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 favorite restaurants

If you are anywhere near the Acropolis Museum, I can highly recommend To Taki Allo. It is my favourite restaurant in Athens.... nothing fancy, small, local, with really good food. We have been eating there for years.

Karen

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
21,969 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 favorite restaurants

Look up the "Food, food, food" link in the "Top questions about Athens" on the top right of the forum.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
1,088 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 favorite restaurants

> I can highly recommend To Taki Allo<

which she will never find since the name is wrong...:):)

The restaurant is called TO KATI ALLO

The best restaurant in the center is KENTRIKON at Mitropoleos street close to your location.

Edited: 02 June 2014, 06:14
Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
1,088 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 3 favorite restaurants

Sorrry wrong restaurant

Kentrikon is great but it is in

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g189400-d1…

Kolokotroni street

ATHINAIKON is the greatest and is located at Mitropoleos 35 street

Ottawa
Level Contributor
2,370 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 3 favorite restaurants

Oops! It might help if I get the name right! Thanks for the correction Koutras.

Karen

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 3 favorite restaurants

Hey again seekinsun:-) You may also want to check out Tzitzikas & Mermingas.. don't try saying it, lol;-)) It's smack off Syntagma Square.. around the corner from the Arethusa Hotel.. a couple of blocks up right across the Street from the Pan Hotel! This place was introduced to me by locals and I now make it a point to hit it at least once while in Athens! Their *special house salad* and masticha chicken will make your taste buds dance with delight;-) Just make sure there are at least 2 of your sharing since portions are huge;-)

Another place close to Akropolis metro is Scolarhio.. a huge tray of mezes (apps) are brought to your table where you get to pick and choose out of the dozen or so options.. great way to try and share a few local dishes;-) Have fun.. and EnJOY!

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
21,969 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 3 favorite restaurants

Scholarhio

http://www.sholarhio.gr/english/index.php

Astoria, New York
Level Contributor
230 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 3 favorite restaurants

Thanks so much everyone!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 3 favorite restaurants

Our pleasure seekinsun:-) Trust you'll come back and let us know if you tried any.. and how much you enjoyed!

Astoria, New York
Level Contributor
230 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 3 favorite restaurants

Litsa.. I'm from NYC too….Astoria…where there are so many great restaurants! I'm very picky about Greek restaurants.. it has to live up to Yiayia's! :) I return next month.. keep an eye out for my reviews!