We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions please

London
Level Contributor
18 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Suggestions please

I'm flying to Athens on Friday for a wedding - I then have 3 or 4 days to relax - where would you suggest?

I will be travelling on my own (female mid 30s) and would be looking for a little town or harbour perhaps with a few bars and restaurants but nothing crazy.

Thanks!

London
Level Contributor
18 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggestions please

I'm staying in Voula at the start of the trip if that helps...

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
153 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggestions please

Poros is a good option, just a short boat ride away from Athens.

Poros has quite a lot to offer, and is quite close to a few points of interest (the ancient theatre of Epidavros is a short trip away (10 mins by boat to neighbouring balatas and then an hour (or so) away by bus.

Would also recommend Nafplio, which is a few (2-2 1/2) hours away by bus

You can also try the Island of Kea which is close too (about an hour away from the port of Lavrio, on the southern tip of Attica)

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
4,805 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Suggestions please

nafplio would be my choice

visitnafplio.com/visitnafplio.com/Nafplio/Na…

London
Level Contributor
18 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Suggestions please

I really like the look of Nafpilo - how would I get there from Voula?

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
4,805 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Suggestions please

the easiest way is to take a cab to intercity buses' (named ktel in greece) station in kifissos area ..you tell to the driver '' stathmos ( it means station ) kifissos ktel''..the station and the area is a bit grim comparing to voula but that won't matter,the ktel buses are clean,punctual and air conditioned..

from there you get to the ticket booth (no reason to prebook ) ,under the name 'AΡΓΟΛΙΣ -AΡΓΟΛΙΔΑ' (the name of the county that nafplio belongs to)..you ask for a ticket to nafplio and catch the 2 hours bus to nafplio..schedules-info here

from athens to nafplio

http://prntscr.com/3rt9ys

the ones with * are express,quicker ,so aim for them,the ones with ** are only for fridays and sundays

from nafplio to athens (athina in greek) here

www.ktel-argolidas.gr/…

i can't confirm how informed these links are,so better ask your hotel the previous day to call the ktel station and confirm the time schedules..there are certainly many buses a day,every one or two hours,you just need to make sure you know them if you are aiming at a particular tme.

once in nafplio you will love the whole area and architecture..one of the best in greece..for day trips ,look at ''epidavros'' and ''mykines'' at the top of the home page at the link i gave..epidavros ancient theater is perfectly preserved and plays still ocur there..great setting,recommended..mykines are the ruins of one of many greece's old city civilizations..

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
4,805 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Suggestions please

more than enough info for the bus to nafplio here..the default is in relevance,you can change it into date for more recent answers

http://tinyurl.com/msgtuj2

7. Re: Suggestions please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 June 2015, 06:17