We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from Athens to Arta

Which Athens hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
20 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Travel from Athens to Arta

Please help me! I am traveling in September to Athens and I am going to spend time in Arta. I'm pretty sure the best way to get there is via bus. However the bus schedules online look confusing to me,and I don't even know where to buy tickets or get the bus. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
1,088 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel from Athens to Arta

ktelartas.gr/Site/…B1

the ΑΘΗΝΑ - ΑΡΤΑ is the daily Athens-Arta itinerary ,you will go to KIFISOS KTEL bus station and you will buy the tickets before boarding the bus.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
20 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel from Athens to Arta

Thank you for your response. Where can I find this bus station and is there anyway to check the schedule online beforehand. It's very important that I know what time the bus will leave. Thanks again

Windsor, United...
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
20,654 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel from Athens to Arta

Hi,

You can reach the Kifisos Bus Terminal by bus 051 (from near Omonia Square) and bus X93 from the airport. There are daily buses to Arta at 07.00/10.00/13.00 and 17.00. There are also buses at 15.00 and 20.00 but I don't know the significance of *

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,018 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel from Athens to Arta

The asterisk listed against a couple of the departures means that passengers are permitted to travel with household animals on the bus.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
20 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel from Athens to Arta

Thanks so much for helping me. I just have a few more questions. Can I take a cab to the bus station instead of the 051 bus? Is there a website where I can look at the times of arrival and does it say when it will depart from Arta to Athens when I come back? Also, do I buy the tickets ahead time or will they be available the day of departure? Thanks!

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
4,367 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel from Athens to Arta

yes,of course you can take a cab to kifissos bus station,and i would strongly recommend you do it if your other option is going to omonoia..avoid omonoia,it's a dodgy area.

the first scedules at the link koutras gave are arta to athens,,the second athens to arta..for the 7.00 and 17.00 schedules from arta to athens the bus ends up in karaiskaki square.

athens to arta is 350 kms(quite a lot)..googling suggests it takes 4 hours (with average speed 88 kms per hour,which is very hopeful)... if i had to guess,with a bus i would add an hour to that at least..no need to prebook tickets,they will be available at the bus stations,unlesss there's a major holiday (15th of august is one for example)..when exactly will you be using these buses?exact date?

Edited: 18 June 2014, 19:16
Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
4,367 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Travel from Athens to Arta

sorry,just saw you will be using them in september,no need to prebook,there will be tickets

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
20 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Travel from Athens to Arta

I just saw a recent post on here that the KTEL website no longer exists. I went to the website that was listed by another poster, www.ktel-argolidas.gr/… and I am unable to find Arta. If someone could please assist, because I thought I everything straightened out, but this news is now stressing me out. Thank you

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
3,082 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Travel from Athens to Arta

ktel Argolidas has nothing to do with ktel Artas,totally different areas

ktelartas.gr/Site/…B1

timetable is only in Greek

ΑΘΗΝΑ-ΑΡΤΑ is for Athens to Arta and the opposite

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
4,367 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Travel from Athens to Arta

Danig92604 no need to worry..the site mentioned at the other post was closed since 2008..the site given in the first post of this thread is still the right site for the arta to athens and athens to arta timetables..

you are unable to find arta in the link i gave to the other poster because it is about the peloponnese area..each area has its own site,and the one you are interested in has the one in the first post..the first timetables in this post are from arta to athens and the second from athens to arta..everything is still as you know it...

Edited: 14 July 2014, 12:11