We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Monastiraki Sunday Flea Market Afternoon?

Which Athens hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
5 posts
Save Topic
Monastiraki Sunday Flea Market Afternoon?

Hi guys,

I've searched for a while but can't seem to get a definite answer. I'm very interested in experiencing the Monastiraki Flea Market on Sunday, but my flight doesn't arrive until around 1pm. I'm expecting to get to the hotel maybe by 2pm, but would it be worth it to try to rush to Monastiraki to catch the Sunday flea market? Or would you guys recommend just abandoning the idea and go the next morning, etc. (I am aware the "real" flea market is only on Sunday but I'll just have to suck it up if I can't make it :( )?

Thank you in advance your answers! I don't want to rush a lot and then realize I completely missed it :(

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
3,082 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Monastiraki Sunday Flea Market Afternoon?

it will be near closing time,but still some shops will be open,nothing like the old days though,you won't miss much.

5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Monastiraki Sunday Flea Market Afternoon?

Oh nooo what happened :(?

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
3,082 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Monastiraki Sunday Flea Market Afternoon?

mostly normal shops have taken over the old ones,only a small area is left for what you can call a flea market,fashion,shoes,and othe staff is selling.

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
20,800 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Monastiraki Sunday Flea Market Afternoon?

Here is to give you an idea:

http://tinyurl.com/2bbp5ww

5. Re: Monastiraki Sunday Flea Market Afternoon?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2015, 06:16