We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Leather sandal shopping

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
13 posts
109 reviews
Save Topic
Leather sandal shopping

Does anyone have suggestions on where to buy handmade leather sandals in Athens? Thanks in advance !

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
3,082 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Leather sandal shopping

you will find lots around Monastiraki area.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
3,082 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Leather sandal shopping

www.greek-traditional-art.gr/index.php…

http://www.melissinos-art.com/gr/

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
2 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Leather sandal shopping

Yes Melissinos is THE place for leather sandals.

If you google up in their history, it pretty much makes the whole experience worthwhile.

I went there because i just had to get a piece of history and i ended up getting 2 pairs for myself. Its probably a very rare place where he measures your feet to make customize your sandals to your feet.

Its opposite the Monistiraki metro station, cross the road and then in one of the alleys you can find the store.

Edited: 19 June 2014, 04:34
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
2 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Leather sandal shopping

Yes Melissino is THE place for leather sandals.

If you google up in their history, it pretty much makes the whole experience worthwhile.

I went there because i just had to get a piece of history and i ended up getting 2 pairs for myself. Its probably a very rare place where he measures your feet to make customize your sandals to your feet.

Its opposite the Monistiraki metro station, cross the road and then in one of the alleys you can find the store.

5. Re: Leather sandal shopping

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 19 June 2014, 11:05
Edited: 19 June 2014, 11:05
North Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
1,902 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Leather sandal shopping

I have given the Mellisinos link that opens up in English here http://www.melissinos-art.com/eng/index.html

He moved premises a few years ago and I can't remember the address he is at now. It is very close to Monastiraki metro though just up a side street. Call in and they are made to measure for you while you wait. Well worth it.

Maybe someone can provide a link yo google maps for you.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
3,082 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Leather sandal shopping

https://www.google.gr/maps/place/%CE%91%CE%B3%CE%AF%CE%B1%CF%82+%CE%98%CE%AD%CE%BA%CE%BB%CE%B1%CF%82+2/@37.9768044,23.7252266,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x14a1bd2303a506ab:0x2ab3bc6cae4ae037

going down ermou 2nd street on your right hand side

Edited: 19 June 2014, 15:09
North Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
1,902 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Leather sandal shopping

Thanks for providing that link Spyros. I couldn't remember the details even though I could have walked someone there.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
13 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Leather sandal shopping

Thank you for the suggestions, we went this morning! The address is different from the one listed the city guide, it's one street over.

North Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
1,902 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Leather sandal shopping

Hi again soxgirl414

Can you clarify something for me please? You say the location is different from the one listed in the City Guide. Do you mean that you were referring to a published guide you got in Athens or took with you or that it is different from the location shown in the Google map SpyrosB937 gave in this thread? Updating us will allow us to point future posters in the right direction. Thanks.

I know they moved in ?2003/4 at the end of their lease but I thought they were still in the street shown on the map provided here.

Did they make you a pair of sandals that suited you?