We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport/ hotel taxi fare

1 post
Save Topic
Airport/ hotel taxi fare

Hello,

I'm staying at Grecotel Pallas Athena. A ride from airport to hotel can range around what?

Thank you,

- Tamara

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
1,088 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport/ hotel taxi fare

there is a FLAT rate of 35 euros if you arrive at the hotel before midnight and a FLAT rate of 50 euros if you arrive at the airport after midnight and until 5 am)

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
4,900 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport/ hotel taxi fare

everything is included in that rate,you should pay no more

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
26 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport/ hotel taxi fare

Here in NY it is customary to tip the cab driver. Is that practiced in athens or is it included in the flat rate?

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
4,900 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport/ hotel taxi fare

the taxi driver will probably not expect a tip but he will be glad if you do..it's up to you totally..if you liked his service maybe give a couple of euros or so..it's absolutely fine not to tip,it's not customary per say

Nottingham,Uk
Level Contributor
213 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport/ hotel taxi fare

The taxi will expect 37-38 Euros, I think this is a good price

Nottingham,Uk
Level Contributor
213 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport/ hotel taxi fare

It's good to tip the taxi, I found them very polite and helpful.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
1,317 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airport/ hotel taxi fare

The taxi will and should expect 35 euros. Period. If he was particularly helpful maybe add a euro or two. Its completely up to you.

Nottingham,Uk
Level Contributor
213 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Airport/ hotel taxi fare

Both to and from airport taxi asked for 37 Eu, anyway I paid 40, all were happy.

Yes it's up to you.

9. Re: Airport/ hotel taxi fare

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 July 2015, 06:17