We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travelling from athens to and from Golden Coast Hotel near M

Which Athens hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
42 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
travelling from athens to and from Golden Coast Hotel near M

Hi

I am looking for information we are travelling to Golden Coast Hotel near Marathon in October and we would like to travel from the airport to the resort and from the resort to Athens for Sight seeing.

Can you please assist with buses or trains? I am not sure where to start. Do we need a car? Or can we use public transportation?

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
1,088 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: travelling from athens to and from Golden Coast Hotel near M

Public transportation is not very frequent (1 KTEL bus per hour) but even if you had a car you would have to leave it in a parking outside the city and use the metro.

So just take the KTEL bus to get to NOMISMATOKOPION metro station (blue line) and than take the metro to the center of Athens.

Do the reverse when you come back.

The buses that suit you should be marked

ΑΘΗΝΑ - ΒΑΡΝΑΒΑΣ

ΑΘΗΝΑ - ΓΡΑΜΜΑΤΙΚΟ

ΑΘΗΝΑ - ΜΑΡΑΘΩΝΑΣ

ΑΘΗΝΑ - ΝΕΑ ΜΑΚΡΗ

Ask your hotel consierge where the nearest KTEL bus stop is (it might be quite a long walk from your hotel).

If I were you I would just take a taxi to the center of Athens (around 50 euros)

Edited: 04 July 2014, 05:35
Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
1,088 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: travelling from athens to and from Golden Coast Hotel near M

From the airport just take a taxi (30 euros or so) since there is no public transportation (There is but it is tremendously complicated for a tourist who does not speak Greek)

3. Re: travelling from athens to and from Golden Coast Hotel near M

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 July 2015, 06:16