We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Athens 3 days itinerary

Singapore
Level Contributor
131 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Athens 3 days itinerary

Hi, arriving in Athens in one week from now at around 730 in the evening. 2 adults, and a 9 months old baby. its a short flight, so no jet lag, but the day is gone.

Next morning, we plan to take a walking tour in the morning for 3.5-4 hours seeing all the major sights in the region. Afternoon, after a nap/rest, one of the airconditioned museums and explore the plaka area in the evening. If we have time, planning to go up to Lycabettus hill.

Next morning, we'll perhaps go to another museum or just stroll around followed by some rest in the hotel. Planning to do a cape sounion tour in the afternoon. (any other recommendations for a half day trip?)

3rd day, any other must dos? the flight leaves at 430 in the afternoon, so i should have time half a day left. Any place for cheap local shopping? Or something important that I have left and must do. my hotel is 100mtrs from the new acropolis museum. Travelling with a small baby, so we are mindful of the heat. Thanks.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
4,585 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Athens 3 days itinerary

hi,more than enough suggestions here..

things to do in athens

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g189400-i194-k47…

less obvious things to do in athens

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g189400-i194-k5999…

what to do in athens in 2 days

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g189400-i194-k3269…

i always recommend anafiotika,a neighborhood near plaka that reminds you of greek islands..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQ5TLMTu3kA

keep in mind that a stroller is not practical for the center of athens ,as the pavements are often not stroller-friendly,or closed by parked bikes-cars..i would use a front pack..you will struggle with a stroller,believe me.

Edited: 14 July 2014, 11:14
Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
4,585 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Athens 3 days itinerary

also in areas like the acropolis there are a lot of steps,so a front pack is your only option actually

DHG
Boston
Level Contributor
457 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Athens 3 days itinerary

Hi Ksing, You might want to reserve the half-day trip to Sounion from the hotel after you arrive. My hunch is that the day trip might be a long drive for the baby - and - there is so much to do right in Athens. By the 2nd day, you'll have a practical idea of just how many sights you can cover with the baby.

There are many souvenir and boutique shops right in your immediate hotel area and through-out the Plaka. Don't miss the Monastiraki Flea Market and the Pandrossou Street Market with it's local shops and the Center of Hellenic Tradition (arts & crafts)at 36 Pandrossou Street. The famous Poet Sandal Maker of Athens’ aka Pantelis Melissino, I believe, is still at 2, Aghias Theklas Street. Nearby Ermou Street is a major shopping area/pedestrian way with the Church of Panaghia Kapnikarea, one of the oldest Byzantine churches in Athens (step inside) and a mix of popular local and international shops. Kolonaki (Metro Syntagma/Evangelismos, bordered by Lycabettus Hill) is the neighborhood for all of the big-name designer shops. ....and you were wondering what to do on your last half day?!! ;) ...only joking!!

Have an amazing time; hope the hotel works out great for your family!

Singapore
Level Contributor
131 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Athens 3 days itinerary

thanks. One questions about the guided tours there. Is it possible for me to go to a museum or a sight and get a guide there/join a guided tour, instead of taking a 4 hour guided walk. So can i simply walk up to acropolis or a particular museum and join a tour or a guide? if yes, how much does it cost.

I am not too keen on spending a lot on a customised tour, but at the same time, i think joining a 4 hour tour might be difficult. hence the question. thanks.

5. Re: Athens 3 days itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 July 2015, 06:16