We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Two nights in Athens

London, United...
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Two nights in Athens

Hi there I am spending two nights in Athens next sunday. We are staying in the Metaxourgio area and are looking to sight see and party. Also how easy is it to get from Athens to Pireaus? We need to be at the port by 8am/

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
3,082 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Two nights in Athens

The area is not one of the best,to go to Piraeus take themetro from Metaxourgio station dir Elliniko,get off at Omonia station and change to Kifissia-Piraeus line dir Piraeus,it takes around half an hour to do this,do it an hour before to be at the port earlier.

London, United...
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Two nights in Athens

Metaxourgio is not one of the best places? Can you recommend a nicer place to stay in the centre of Athens? Somewhere that is close to the sights.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
4,583 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Two nights in Athens

plaka,syntagma,monastirki ,akropolis are all better than metaxourgio..avoid omonoia as well,some hotels claim they are not in omonoia but they are,so before you book search the exact location

Edited: 17 July 2014, 12:36
Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
4,583 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Two nights in Athens

*i meant to write monastiraki

Crewe, United...
Level Contributor
984 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Two nights in Athens

I am over in Athen with work for 2 nights next week Weds and Thurs, staying at the Arethusa hotel in Syntagma, is the Hard Rock cafe still open? Also any bar recomendations nearby?

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
4,583 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Two nights in Athens

hi ,although you would be better off starting a new thread with your question in athens forum,

here is the last post i recall about hard rock ,post number 14

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g189400-i194-k5706…

it is not really our style so i wouldn't know myself

7. Re: Two nights in Athens

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 July 2015, 05:16