We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Breakfast near Divani Palace Acropolis Hotel

Which Athens hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kitchener, ON
Level Contributor
246 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Breakfast near Divani Palace Acropolis Hotel

Hi - Was not too interested in eating at the Divani as i hear the breakfast spread is pretty costly.

Any ideas on a nearby place for breakfast for someone who is on low carbs? (so pitas and pasteries are out)? Besides just straight coffee.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Breakfast near Divani Palace Acropolis Hotel

Hey and welcome greekmom99:-) Your hotel is in a fabulous area known as Koukaki.. which blends into central Plaka area yet still residential;-) Walk over to Dragou Street.. pedestrianized as well.. there are numerous cafes there leading all the way down to the main drag where the Sygrou-Fix metro stop is.. you'll find lots of places for coffee/breakfast to include eggs, etc.. not just pasties which also exist;-) Can't give you any specific *names* of places.. but you won't miss them;-) Best.. and Enjoy!

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
3,082 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Breakfast near Divani Palace Acropolis Hotel

Drakou street it is.

Kitchener, ON
Level Contributor
246 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Breakfast near Divani Palace Acropolis Hotel

Thank you everyone! I was worried that I would only be able to have a cup of coffee in the am till lunch. (thinking of stopping off for a yummy souvlaki somewhere sans pita). lol the souvlatsithika are going to have a good laugh at me when i tell them no bread!!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Breakfast near Divani Palace Acropolis Hotel

Our pleasure greekmom99:-) As far as a good laugh, I don't eat tzatziki.. so imagine when I order one (chicken only) and ask for only onions.. and mustard, lol;-)) There is a wonderful place called *Ambrosia*.. grab a table outside.. it's on Dragou Street.. at the start or bottom where the pedestrianized zone begins and steps from the Syngrou-Fix metro stop.. to your left as you come up the escalator.. love their chicken souvlaki there.. and they also platter it which is how I usually got it anyway (sans bread).. fries and/or salad.. meal fit for a king (or queen;-)) Keep us posted.. Keep Enjoyin'!

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
860 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Breakfast near Divani Palace Acropolis Hotel

There's great little place right near Acropolis metro station (not far from Divani) called Epsilon.... They have some great food and I think they stock only Greek products... For example, you don't see Coke there, only Loux and Epsa.... Then many more 'obscure' Greek brand I'd never seen before.... Pretty neat....

https:/…Epsilonmorethanacoffee

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
1,088 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Breakfast near Divani Palace Acropolis Hotel

>thinking of stopping off for a yummy souvlaki somewhere sans pita). lol the souvlatsithika are going to have a good laugh at me when i tell them no bread!!<

No they will not laugh at you, "kalamakia" (in Athens,only in Athens ,this means skewered pieces of meat not wrapped in pitta ) are very usual and popular for Greeks too (in fact if you ask for souvlaki in Northern Greece this is what you will get)

Check them out

antikleidi.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/po…

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Breakfast near Divani Palace Acropolis Hotel

Yes:-) Exactly how I get the chicken souvlaki at Ambosia;-)) Forget what they call them in Salonika?;-)) Enjoyin'!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Breakfast near Divani Palace Acropolis Hotel

.. that ceasar salad at Epsilon looks great;-)) Although I eat enough of those here, lol!! I'll stick to a Greek salad in Greece any day.. and no burgers either;-)) Still Enjoyin'!

Tampa FL
Level Contributor
14 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Breakfast near Divani Palace Acropolis Hotel

Hi we stayed at the Divini for 3 days. It was great. We did not do breakfast because of late arrival. We did ask for a teapot and had morning coffee and evening tea in our room. We planned to eat breakfast at the New Accropolis Museum but usually made it in time for lunch. The outside cafe has a wonderful view. There are a lot of cafés around the corner from the museum. The pound cake made with olive oil looked delicious at one of the cafés.

Do try the roof top for late night snacks or dinner.

Tampa FL
Level Contributor
14 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Breakfast near Divani Palace Acropolis Hotel

Sorry about the pound cake. Did not catch the carbs.