We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rent a taxi-minivan from Athens to Igoumenitsa?

Yerevan, Armenia
4 posts
Save Topic
Rent a taxi-minivan from Athens to Igoumenitsa?

Hi!

I'm travelling to Greece with friends next week! I don't really have friends there, so I need a piece of advice from someone who knows the area..

What is the best way to get from Athens to Igoumenitsa?

I need to leave Athens late at night, so the option with buses won't work.

Are there taxi-minivans that can take us to Igoumenitsa at whatever time is the best for us?

And what is the approximate price for it??

Thank you!

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
1,088 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Rent a taxi-minivan from Athens to Igoumenitsa?

Why do you want to go to Igumenitsa?

>Are there taxi-minivans that can take us to Igoumenitsa at whatever time is the best for us?<

There are no minivan taxis in Greece.

Regular taxis can take you there (600 EUROS will be the cost per taxi)

The best taxi company is this

http://www.18300.gr/

and can also provide you with a minivan and a driver (a regular minivan not a taxi) call 18300 when you arrive in Greece (I imagine the cost will be around 1000 euros for a minivan w/ a driver)

New York, NY
Level Contributor
919 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rent a taxi-minivan from Athens to Igoumenitsa?

Look up the intercity KTEL busses from Athens to Igoumenitsa, or even from Athens to nearby cities like Ioannina (from which you could transfer to a local KTEL bus route to Igoumenitsa). There may be late night or very early morning routes that would take you there and it would be much easier and far less expensive than renting a taxi. Alternate, you could see if there are evening or early morning flights to Ioannina or a city like Prevesa from Athens and then transfer to Igoumenitsa. Or even a flight to Kerkira and then a ferry across to Igoumenitsa.

Molaoi, Greece
Destination Expert
for Naxos, Peloponnese
Level Contributor
3,790 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rent a taxi-minivan from Athens to Igoumenitsa?

How late is late? The last bus leaves Athens at 9pm and the first at 6.30am.

Yerevan, Armenia
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Rent a taxi-minivan from Athens to Igoumenitsa?

Thank you all for useful information!

I found igoumenitsa the shortest and best way to get to Corfu. (I am actually travelling to Agios Gordios,Corfu)

Thanks again for helping!

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
4,798 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Rent a taxi-minivan from Athens to Igoumenitsa?

the best way to get from athens to corfu is to fly from athens airport..you will be there in a couple of hours..from corfu airport you can catch a taxi to agios gordios (i don't know how close it is to the airport)

https://www.olympicair.com/en

check their low fare calendar for days with cheaper prices..you may find a ticket much cheaper than you expect.

the cheapest way is to get the bus (plus ferry) but it will be a loong day..here are the bus routes right now (at the bottom of the page,athens to corfu) ..check this site when you are closer to arriving

www.ktelkerkyras.gr/…

again,i don't know where you are left in in kerkyra (the port ? ),so you may have to take a taxi to agios giordios

people who will know the answers to these questions are corfu experts,so please post your question in corfu forum and ask more details from the experts

corfu forum

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g189458-i363-Cor…

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
1,088 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Rent a taxi-minivan from Athens to Igoumenitsa?

>I found igoumenitsa the shortest and best way to get to Corfu<

Well it is NOT the shortest and far away from the best.

Do yourself a favor and FLY there (it is 25 minute flight and cheaper than the bus/taxi/ferry combination)

http://en.aegeanair.com/

a one way flight for next week is still only 88 euros.

Yerevan, Armenia
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Rent a taxi-minivan from Athens to Igoumenitsa?

Thank you all for comments!

Patras, Greece
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Rent a taxi-minivan from Athens to Igoumenitsa?

From this year there are minivan taxis in Greece.

They are white and you have to book them in advance.

They usually crry up to 8 people

9. Re: Rent a taxi-minivan from Athens to Igoumenitsa?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 July 2015, 05:16