We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning Honeymoon in November

Level Contributor
25 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Planning Honeymoon in November

Hi Travelers ...

I am planning my trip in first week on November ..wanted some help .

1) Is November good time to visit ?

2) Should someone suggest some good hotels or i need to book using some websites ?

3) Can i just come there and plan it ?

4) Good nice places for honeymoooners.

I will be travelling from India.

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
21,592 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Planning Honeymoon in November

1. Depending upon where in Greece you are going the weather will be unstable, and most tourist resorts in the islands will be closed. Best islands to look up will be the southernmost like Rhodes or Crete, but the mainland - especially Peleponnese - will have lots of options for you.

2. Suggesting hotels is not possible when we don't know where you are going.

3. Out of season and depending upon where you are going it will be best to find what is open and available beforehand.

I will leave the honeymoon advice for others.

Lindesnes...
Destination Expert
for Southern Norway, Cyclades
Level Contributor
4,512 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Planning Honeymoon in November

Visiting Greece in November is for the special interested. Do you have some special reason for planning such a visit ? (Nature ? Culture ? History ? Meeting people ? Swimming ? Sunbathing ? Others ?)

London, United...
Level Contributor
16,952 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Planning Honeymoon in November

I'm guessing that you are thinking of Greece for your honeymoon because you expect it to be sunny and warm? But Greece has a typical Mediterranean climate: long, hot summers, short cool winters, and short spring and autumn. By October the weather starts to turn, and although there could well be some warm, sunny days in November you might get some wet and cold weather too.

If you're expecting sunny-all-the-time tropical weather, you would be better off looking into the Canary Islands instead.

Edited: 11 August 2014, 17:50
Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
940 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Planning Honeymoon in November

I would stick to the mainland, how much time do you have?

For starters, aside from Athens, try Meteora, Nafplio, Monemvasia... :)

Patras, Greece
Level Contributor
1,071 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Planning Honeymoon in November

If it's anything like last year, you can expect some heavy rain and spectacular thunderstorms and the weather rather cool. A lot of Europe has been bad this year.

Note that ferry and plane services to islands are curtailed and in very bad weather, the ferries stop!

Level Contributor
25 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Planning Honeymoon in November

There is no specific reason as the ones you mentioned,planning for a vacation post marriage.

If i visit greece will ve going to Athens and Santorini.

Will be visiting for 6-7 days.

Let me know if more info is required.

Of greece is not a good option then. An can someone suggest any other location in Europe.

London, United...
Level Contributor
16,952 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Planning Honeymoon in November

The Canary Islands, as I said.

If you do decide to go to Greece, and want your time to include an island, you should probably think in terms of Crete, which is the southernmost point of Europe and more likely to have decent weather. Santorini could be pretty bleak, and there isn't much to do there except marvel at the views, which might not look so enticing in the rain.

Otherwise, I'd suggest sticking to Athens, where there is plenty to do and see indoors if you do get rain. Athens has more wonderful museums than you could possibly visit during a short stay.

8. Re: Planning Honeymoon in November

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2015, 06:16