We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling solo in Athens next week

Island of Malta...
Level Contributor
2 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Travelling solo in Athens next week

Hi everyone,

I'm travelling alone to Athens and I'm staying in a hotel near Omonia Square. Please can you recommend any good restaurants and nightclubs where I can go on my own, keeping in mind that I'm in my early 40s. Thank you.

Caroline

Patras, Greece
Level Contributor
1,078 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling solo in Athens next week

Good evening CAROLAS

Follow the link to Omonia Square and you will see it has some bad recent reviews. I would be inclined to walk over to Monastiraki and perhaps on to Plaka which are the tourist hot-spots. You will need a taxi back as public transport stops around midnight.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
1,088 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling solo in Athens next week

If possible change the area you are staying in,it is not really dangerous but it is seedy and rundown.Go to Plaka,Syntagma,Acropolis areas.

About your original question check out the answers to the top q's about Athens on the right of this page,the most "in" area for clubbing and bars these days is AGIAS IRINIS SQUARE

Edited: 16 August 2014, 18:04
Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
4,805 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelling solo in Athens next week

indeed,omonia area is seedy,don't walk there after midnight alone..if you can change a hotel go for the areas koytras suggested.plus monastiraki.much nicer areas

concord nh
Level Contributor
3,397 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travelling solo in Athens next week

I recommend the Attalos Hotel on Athinas St. It's one of the best budget accommodation in Athens that is clean, safe and centrally located to everything one goes to Athens for. Psiri which is right behind Athinas St. is a fine place to eat, shop and wander. It's outside the main tourist zones and has more of an edge to it.

5. Re: Travelling solo in Athens next week

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2015, 05:17