We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry Athens to Santorini late October

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
576 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Ferry Athens to Santorini late October

Early this year I asked if there is overnight ferry from Athens (Pirius) to Santorini in late October. I was told it was too early no schedule yet. Can somebody tell me if the schedule is up now and where to look?

Our flight will land in Athens in the morning of Oct 19 and would like to take off to Santorini on an overnight ferry if available. Thanks.

Edited: 17 August 2014, 16:03
Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
3,483 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferry Athens to Santorini late October

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g189400-i194-k7512…

You got the timetables in the very first reply...

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferry Athens to Santorini late October

Hey again Californiarey:-) Keep an eye out at www.gtp.gr/ www.openseas.gr/ for ferry schedules;-) Doubt you'll find an overnighter.. the distance doesn't usually warrant it.. nonetheless, appears your only choice(s) will be the one()s that will be available for your specific day;-)

Having said that.. and coming the long haul, would consider just grabbing a quick approx. 40 min puddle jumper flight straight out to Santorini upon arrival in Athens! You'll be at the airport any.. and pretty buzz-headed, rubber legged, etc.. all that comes along with jet lag;-) Take a look at www.olympicair.com/ www.aegeanair.com/ that have merged.. and Enjoy!

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
576 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ferry Athens to Santorini late October

Sorry. Bouncing back and forth with our schedule. . . .

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
576 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ferry Athens to Santorini late October

Guys relax!

I apologize for the bounding and forth of our schedule. Looking for best economical route with best time accommodation based on our schedule.

#2 litsa

I am looking at another option to take a break on our long flight and stay 1 night in Athens then taking either a flight or a seajet ride to Santorini. Imagine, thus far, E403.28 on Aegean Air vs. E295.20 on seajet?

I am getting close to getting confused. The other option is just to drop Santorini on this trip!

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
576 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ferry Athens to Santorini late October

#1 Ozzlem

Thank you for pointing out my previous posting.

I have been watching fare on Aegean Air for many months. It has not dropped. So, I decided to go and book today. To my surprise, it is so much expensive than going on Seajet. See my #4 posting on this thread.

6. Re: Ferry Athens to Santorini late October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2015, 06:17