We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Athens Airport to Central Athens

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
1,820 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Athens Airport to Central Athens

About how long does it take to get from Athens Airport to Central Athens we do not arrive in Athens till about 1.30am so the roads would be pretty clear.

Also do you ask the Taxi driver to give you a price before you get into the taxi.

Athens
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Athens Airport to Central Athens

About half an hour that time of the morning. It'll cost perhaps 30/40 Euros. You can ask certainly but it will be on the meter.

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
23,159 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Athens Airport to Central Athens

There is also a bus from the airport to Central Athens, Syntagma Square, for 2.90 Euro. Use the bus then if necessary take a taxi from Syntagma to your hotel. These buses run all night at very frequent intervals.

3. Re: Athens Airport to Central Athens

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2015, 09:42
Hanover, Germany
Level Contributor
1,277 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Athens Airport to Central Athens

Sunni, have a look at

aia.gr/EN/…body.shtm

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
1,820 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Athens Airport to Central Athens

I am Lesleywood have just come back from Athens this afternoon it was absolutly brillant.As my first post i was asking about the taxi and how much it was.

Well we were well and truly done we asked the taxi driver when we got in he replied it is metered.When we arrived about the hotel he charged us 55 euros the meter said one thing and he charged us that we were staying near the Acropolis i know it was early morning but thought the price was a little steep.Going back to the airport it was 42 euros.

Athens
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Athens Airport to Central Athens

There may have been a few euros extra because of bags (and I there's a charge for coming from the airport) but yes, maybe a few euros over the odds. They're the worst part of Athens!!

A plague on all taxi drivers here! They even rip off locals.

San Diego
5 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Athens Airport to Central Athens

In 1983, my wife and I arrived from Tucson, Arizona via St Louis, Boston, and Rome. We were going on a two month bicycling honeymoon. Our bicycles went on to Cairo, but we had most of our camping gear and panniers packed in cardboard boxes. So went out to the taxi line and stood there with our boxes, bewildered and exhausted. The taxi drivers avoided our looks. Who were these people who couldn't afford luggage and used cardboxes?

One of the travel police saw us and forced the lead taxi to take us. He told us what the fare should be to Athens and how much to tip for the "luggage".

We had a great trip, and were treated with amazing hospitality and kindness by everybody but those airport taxi drivers.