We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Piraeus Cruise Terminal

Canada
Level Contributor
159 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Piraeus Cruise Terminal

As far as I know there are two cruise ship terminals, A & B. How can I find out where my cruise ship is going to dock? I will be taking the Pacific Princess.

If I am going to take bus X96 from Athens Airport to Piraeus, which bus stop should I get off? Is it the final stop? And if I want to take a taxi from the bus stop to the cruise terminal, how should I tell the taxi driver? Do they speak English? Or can anyone translate it into Greek for me so that I can show it to the taxi driver. Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Athens
Athens
Attica, Greece
Piraeus
Piraeus
Piraeus Region, Greece
Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
23,173 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Piraeus Cruise Terminal

Hi,

It is probably best to get off the X96 at the last stop in Piraeus which is the terminal. From there walk to the main road and stop a passing taxi or if you do not have lots of luggage take the 843 bus.

Many of the taxi drivers do at least speak some English.

Mentioned in this post
Piraeus
Piraeus
Piraeus Region, Greece
Canada
Level Contributor
159 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Piraeus Cruise Terminal

AjarnAndy: Thanks!

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
23,173 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Piraeus Cruise Terminal

Welcome, I had better add that if you do take the bus be sure to buy a ticket beforehand. Indeed, this can be done at a small kiosk (periptero) near where the 843 stops.

Pitt Meadows, Canada
Level Contributor
7 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Piraeus Cruise Terminal

Are you saying that once you get off the bus it is too far to walk from the bus stop to the terminal? My husband and I will be taking the bus from the airport to the cruise port and thought we could get off the bus right at the port and just walk on the ship...but maybe we are mistaken. Thank you.

Canada
Level Contributor
159 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Piraeus Cruise Terminal

I think the bus stop is about 20 minutes walk to the cruise terminal. If you have too much luggage then it is better to take a taxi after you get off the bus.

Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Athens
Level Contributor
13,950 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Piraeus Cruise Terminal

It is a 15 minutes walk to the first cruise ship docks and another 10 for the more remote docks. It's a very long walk to do if you carry luggage, perhaps doable with only one rolling piece of luggage, but not really doable if you have more pcs.

Piraeus is the biggest passenger port in Europe.

It serves appx. 20 million passengers per year, or more than 150,000 passengers on busy days. It spans for more than a mile towards each direction from the X96 bus final stop.

www.olp.gr/en/cruise-greece/cruise-info

Edited: 17 August 2012, 00:15
Mentioned in this post
Piraeus
Piraeus
Piraeus Region, Greece
Europe
Europe
World
Lindesnes...
Destination Expert
for Southern Norway, Cyclades
Level Contributor
4,890 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Piraeus Cruise Terminal

Andy, I think the end stop of the X96 is at gate A1 in Pireus, which is as far away from the cruise ships as possible.

My experience with Pirus taxi-drivers is that they are rather reluctant to take short local trips. I would rather spend the money to take a taxi all the way from the airport. It may cost the double of two bus-tickets plus a local taxi, but you gain it in convenience, Taxi drivers normally know where the different ships docks, if not they ask one of their colleagues in Pireus. They speek english plenty enough for me as a non-english person.

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
22,673 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Piraeus Cruise Terminal

Here you can get an idea of the walk from the metro station to the cruise port:

http://tinyurl.com/d5je2l

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
13,381 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Piraeus Cruise Terminal

Hi,

Here's the best map I can find of Piraeus port, no scale, but from Gate E1 to Gate E11 (cruise terminal A) is 3 miles (4 Km). It's an enormous harbour.

References to just getting off the X96 bus (dark blue on map) at Piraeus only refers to the Regular Ferries, not Cruise ships. The Cruise ship terminal is about a mile from the central area Gates E7/8. Hence a good 20-30 min walk.

I would take a taxi from the Airport, much easier.

hotelposeidonio.com/en/…inside_teliko.jpg

Mentioned in this post
Piraeus Port Hotel
Piraeus Port Hotel
256 Reviews
Piraeus, Greece
Piraeus
Piraeus
Piraeus Region, Greece
Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
1,634 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Piraeus Cruise Terminal

Worth to get a taxi from the street in Piraeus, as someone advised earlier, to the cruise terminal - it might be even too hot to walk, depending on what time of the day you travel. Personally I would not walk this distance.

Mentioned in this post
Piraeus
Piraeus
Piraeus Region, Greece