We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sea Jet2 early September

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,035 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Sea Jet2 early September

As we won't arrive in Athens with enough time to be sure of making a plane or boat connection to Milos we are planning on overnighting in Piraeus and taking Sea Jet 2 the next morning at 7am on Thursday 4 September. Can you tell me the sea conditions are like at this time of year and this time of day? I realize it depends on the weather but I am talking about the average weather at this time to get an idea of how reliable the services are or if they tend to cancel etc. How bad do the conditions have to be for them to cancel the service? How rough might it be on the 7am Sea Jet service? I had no trouble with the Blue Star ferry from Santorini to Naxos but I realize that it is a rather large and stable vessel compared to Sea Jet2. I don't travel too well when it is rough. The flight to Milos is a VERY early start to be at the airport by 5.45am after a long journey so would prefer a slightly later start and more relaxed walk to the Sea Jet gate from our Piraeus hotel. Just trying to get an idea of what to expect with the sea crossing etc. Thanks.

Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
3,483 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Sea Jet2 early September

Expect the worst - that way you can never be dissapointed.

Why do you insist on Seajets instead of taking the much larger Speedrunner3 just half an hour later?

Edited: 15 March 2014, 13:51
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
12,583 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sea Jet2 early September

Hi,

If you don't travel well on small ferries then definately don't use the Seajet 2/Superjet at all, because it's a long way to Milos and on average it will at least be choppy or rough in early Sept.

Reliability is different question that is when it gets very rough, enough to stop that sort of ferry, that's very rare and obviously not predictable way in advance.

My advice would be to go when you can get a conventional ferry or the Speedrunner/Hispeed type of fast ferry.

Edited: 15 March 2014, 14:12
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,035 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sea Jet2 early September

Good suggestion thanks. That is just the sort of information and advice that I was looking for. I haven't travelled on any of the fast ferries before and I am trying to learn about the different vessels so appreciate your advice that Speedrunner would be better. Probably thought that SJ2 would be better as it was quicker (but downside is I will probably find it less pleasant). This makes the early flight to Milos look a lot more attractive as Speedrunner wont arrive at Milos until midday. Thanks again, we will discuss the options.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sea Jet2 early September

Hi

Does anybody have any advice on the following ( I'm sure someone does )

We are travelling to Folegandros mid September and the only ferries I can find that go there from Piraeus seem to be the Seajets, is this right or am I too early for the other Ferries timetables , I know think we could go via other islands and change Ferries but would prefer to only get one

5. Re: Sea Jet2 early September

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 March 2015, 05:15