We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kamena Vourla or Stilida or ?????

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
28 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Kamena Vourla or Stilida or ?????

Hello all, after doing some research and reading numerous posts, I still in need of advise for our first few days in Greece...On Friday, October 3, my husband is picking me up by car, around five in the afternoon in Athens airport. We are driving to Meteora area, where we'll stay in Kastaki for four nights, starting October 4, visiting Ioannina, Metsovo and of course Meteora monasteries.

Now to my questions: On the way to Kastraki, we are looking for an off the beaten path place to spend an evening, stay overnight and perhaps the better part of the next day. We love the mountains and the sea. I was thinking of Lamia area. Have a hard time choosing between Kamena Vourla and Stilida. Or maybe there are other small villages to spend the night? Driving small or mountain roads is not a problem (originally from Europe).

Any suggestions?

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kamena Vourla or Stilida or ?????

Hey and welcome LMTRAVEL:-) If you like being by the water, Kammena Vourla should fit the bill nicely;-) It's about 2.5 from Athens on the highway.. good part of it coastal.. about a 10 min drive past Aghios Constantinos where the ferries come/go to the Sporades isles in Season;-) Have overnighted here myself in opposite direction en route back to Athens.. wonderful waterfront tavernas and not surprisingly, lots specializing in fish;-) Best.. and EnJOY!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
28 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kamena Vourla or Stilida or ?????

Thank you Litsa.

Was it very "touristy" or more local?

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kamena Vourla or Stilida or ?????

My pleasure neighbor:-) Way more local.. although there are tourists.. the majority are Greeks themselves that vacation there;-) For the most part, this is definitely not an *on the map* location for foreigners visiting the Country;-) Keep us posted.. keep Enjoyin'!

4. Re: Kamena Vourla or Stilida or ?????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 July 2015, 06:16