We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants and beaches nr Anissaras

Ipswich, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants and beaches nr Anissaras

Can anybody advise about good restaurants in the area, I have found the 3 on tripadvisor, but they have very few reviews. My family and I are staying at the paradise island villas in August and would like to find a good restaurant, especially as we are away on our wedding anniversary and would like to treat ourselves to a reallly good meal out. I would also be grateful if anybody could advise about the beaches, we are travelling with two children so safety is important and preferably sandy beaches not too packed, any information would be great fully received. We have never Been to Crete before, we went to Kefalonia last year so if anybody wants iinfo let me know. Thanks in anticipation.

Lancashire
Level Contributor
181 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants and beaches nr Anissaras

If you would like something a bit different, book a table at one of the tavernas at Old Hersonissos village on a Monday evening when the Crewe dancing night is on. Live music and dancing and the dancers get the audience involved - really good fun. It's a few miles taxi ride away but worth it. If you book early enough I an sur you would get a good table or two.

Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
11,360 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants and beaches nr Anissaras

Hi there

The area of Anissaras is know for the large amount of all inclusive hotels which has sprung up over the last few years, therefore many people don't eat out :-( perhaps that's why there are so few reviews ??? : -(

The beach is lovely and sandy and seems to go forever....have a look at this web site for more info

explorecrete.com/crete-east/anissaras.html

With regard to a recommendations for a good restaurant it may be a good idea to send a message to GBdevizes who knows this area very well and I am sure he would be able to give you some information.

Pontypridd
Level Contributor
442 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants and beaches nr Anissaras

Lincolnshirebob - Do these dancers from "Crewe" come over for the season??? Seriously though I endorse your idea of a Monday night in Old Hersonissos.

Ipswich, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants and beaches nr Anissaras

Thanks for your info, rather worried about lack of restaurants/tavernas but I am sure we will find somewhere to eat. There is a restaurant in the villa complex but we fancied trying a variety of tavernas etc. Not sure how to contact GBdevizes I just hope he responds to my posting. Do you recommend any other beaches we have a hire car but don't really want to travel more than 30 mins with the children. Thanks for the link as well, I will check it out.

Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
11,360 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants and beaches nr Anissaras

Hi there

If you click on GBdevizes profile on the right hand side of the top,of the page it then gives you the choice to send him a message :-)

As you have a car I would recommend the lovely village of Milatos there are some lovely tavernas right on the beach perfect for a chilled out lunch...and as the beach is pebbles the village never really gets crowded our favourite lunch time spot is no stress

http://nostressmilatos.com

Depending on how far you want to drive one of the most romantic places just has to be the one of the tavernas in the village of Plaka that overlooks the island of Spinalonga to sit here and watch the sun go down behind the island is quite special

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bUeCdxFCyIg

Lancashire
Level Contributor
181 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants and beaches nr Anissaras

Apologies for the Crewe dancers - should obviously been Cretan dancers - I have a newish phone and the auto correct is driving me crackers - I shall have to turn it off. However, if anyone is holidaying in Crewe this year, I believe they have a good disco in the town centre!! :-) We didn't eat at the Music night as the recommended restaurants were booked, so we sat at a small bar (sorry tiny bar) and had a great night. Highly recommended.

Ipswich, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants and beaches nr Anissaras

Thanks everybody for your replies, will definitely check out old heronissis. Any other info about beaches or restaurants or any other useful info will be gratefully received.

Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurants and beaches nr Anissaras

Go to Milos beach bar which is also a restaurant we have been going there for 10 years now and recommend it. The food is simple but homemade and cooked to order and nothing is too much trouble for manolis and his wife Maria and daughter Tonia who run it and prices are very reasonable too. Easy to find it's right on the sea front near the Kosta Maris Hotel.

9. Re: Restaurants and beaches nr Anissaras

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2015, 09:15
Get answers to your questions about Anissaras