We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Meteora to delphi and Osis Louka

Which Delphi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney
Level Contributor
128 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Meteora to delphi and Osis Louka

Hie

Planning on coming to Meteora via Athens on the bus on 6th of April. But trying to go to Delphi but before that want to visit Hosis Loukas. Since I am traveling a lone I am backpacking. I am trying to find what this blog says is train IC47 which lets you reach Livadia. But I can not for the life of me find it ANY WHERE on greeks rail system the only options are 9 hour train journeys!!!

Since I would be coming to Meteora on 6th afternoon I also wanted to spend part of the 7th morning visiting the monasteries and then taking the train to Livadia and then going to Osis Loukas and getting to Delphi.

For the life of me I can not figure out the bus schedule or anything.

…blogspot.ae/search/label/Greece…

This is the blog I am referring to

I was planning on leaving athens 6th April and getting back by the 8th night . Please if anyone can advise me if this is doable and suggest what bus to use or train number or any link?

Thank you!

Delphi,Greece
Destination Expert
for Delphi
Level Contributor
6,043 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Meteora to delphi and Osis Louka

I am not sure I get it. You try to find information on someone's travel blog rather than on official sites for bus/train schedules or at least researching travelers forums such as this one where I am sure most if not all your questions would be answered....

First of all there is no easy way to do this route on public transport. And I believe you try to fit far too much in a small time frame. 3 UNESCO Heritage sites in different locations in less than 2 days.

OK, lets see. So, I understand you have find out how to reach Meteora. You are confused afterwards. First of all the quickest train to Livadia is around 3+ hours. Assuming you'll spend all morning of 7th April visiting Meteora monasteries, you will depart Kalambaka early afternoon. You'll arrive in Livadia on late afternoon, so I do not think you'll be able to visit Hosios Loukas too. If you research train schedules here http://tickets.trainose.gr/dromologia/ you'll see that there is a direct train (no change required) departing Kalambaka at 17:32, arriving Livadia at 20:48 . Your problem here is that there are not so late departures on Delphi's direction.

Other option is getting a bus from Meteora to Trikala, then onwards to Delphi through Larissa/Lamia and Amfissa. You have to ask when on the spot what is possible but I think for a start you need the Trikala-Lamia bus, corresponding with an other bus coming from Thessaloniki heading to Amfissa. ktel-trikala.gr/… From Amfissa you may be able to catch an other bus to Delphi or it is a 20 minutes taxi ride. Nowadays Thessaloniki Amfissa route runs only once per day, so you do not have lots of flexibility. I am not sure abou this but I think you wil have to depart Kalambaka around noon to be in Delphi around 8ish PM if so... Still no time to visit Delphi sites or head to Osios Loukas, but at least you made it to Delphi. Next day, it is you r call, but I think it is too much trying to fit in both Delphi and Hosios Loukas. For Hosios Loukas you'll have to use a taxi or use bus heading to Athens, been droped off on Distomo cross-road, then walk 3-4 kms to reach monastery, then walk back to cross road and if you are lucky wave to a bus to collect you. It is hard to make this work. Delphi to Athens is very straightforward, so no worries here. www.ktel-fokidas.gr/…

I think you have to prioritise here. Delphi+Hosios Loukas is more doable if you want to visit two sites. Meteora is the more distant and difficult to connect with the other two. It contains more sites (as in more Monasteries here and there) to see, so it might require more time depending how many of those you want to visit. If you are happy with just the one sites, Meteora would do.

Sydney
Level Contributor
128 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Meteora to delphi and Osis Louka

First of all while I appreciate your reply, I am not really a huge fan of your tone of voice. I have been on tripadvisor for many years and work on it and review and other stuff BEFORE i ask a question or been uable to find my exact question. So when you do not know anything, it is usually a better decision to refrain from commenting period. I came across the blog while researching my travels which is WHY i quoted it

Thanks

Sydney
Level Contributor
128 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Meteora to delphi and Osis Louka

"OK, lets see. So, I understand you have find out how to reach Meteora. You are confused afterwards. First of all the quickest train to Livadia is around 3+ hours. Assuming you'll spend all morning of 7th April visiting Meteora monasteries, you will depart Kalambaka early afternoon. You'll arrive in Livadia on late afternoon, so I do not think you'll be able to visit Hosios Loukas too. If you research train schedules here http://tickets.trainose.gr/dromologia/ you'll see that there is a direct train (no change required) departing Kalambaka at 17:32, arriving Livadia at 20:48 . Your problem here is that there are not so late departures on Delphi's direction."

I was on this very website when I was checking the information. There is no 17.32 train on 7th April which is a sunday. The trains have stops. Hence my message. Would you care to give me the exact link maybe cause I have tried 4 times and I get no direct one

Delphi,Greece
Destination Expert
for Delphi
Level Contributor
6,043 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Meteora to delphi and Osis Louka

http://tickets.trainose.gr/dromologia/#apo=ΚΑΛΑ;pros=ΛΕΒΑ;date=2013-04-07;rtn_date=2013-03-12;trip=1

Trainose site is temperamental but I just putted Kalambaka as starting point, Levadia as arriving point and picked 7th April 2013 an schedule came up. Simple as that.

Edited: 12 March 2013, 09:30
5. Re: Meteora to delphi and Osis Louka

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 March 2014, 05:16