We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Corycian Cave

Which Delphi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Corycian Cave

Hi!

I am planning on visiting Delphi this October and I'm hoping to visit the Corycian Cave. I've been able to find mention of it in various guides but the details seem a little sketchy. I've read that the trek up to the cave is about 4 hours, and that's a bit too much for me as a first time solo traveler with little hiking experience. So is it possible to hire a taxi to take me up as close to the cave as possible and hike the rest? Also is the Castalian Spring still off-limits? Any information would be helpful, thanks!

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Lesbos, Zagorohoria
Level Contributor
13,093 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Corycian Cave

We drove up into the hills to a picnic area by a small church - with excellent directions from DE Mariha on this forum. From there it was perhaps 40 minutes up a reasonably obvious path to that cave. Am sure you could get a taxi to take you there but you would have to pay for it to wait for your return. There is also a small parking area just below the cave but I think the access to it might only be suitable for a 4WD although drivers in Greece are far more accustomed to driving normal cars on unsealed roads so you might get a ride to there.

Mariha will have best up to date information & advice.

Edited: 17 July 2014, 08:16
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Corycian Cave

Thanks tsipouro!

3. Re: Corycian Cave

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 July 2015, 05:16