We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sensatori (Lyttos Beach)

Liverpool, UK
2 posts
Save Topic
Sensatori (Lyttos Beach)

Hi,

apologies if this has been asked elsewhere, but I was looking to book my summer holiday for next year and came across the following hotel on Thomson:

thomson.co.uk/editorial/sensatori/sensatori-…

It's the Sensatori resort in Lyttos Beach.

It looks like it isn't due to be finished until 2008, but the computer generated pictures look really impressive!

There seems to be no other information available on the web about the hotel or resort, apart from the standard press release stuff. Possibly as the hotel is only available through Thomson (TUI)?

The travel agent may have more (if slightly biased) information, but does anyone else have any knowledge about the hotel?

Thanks

Lee

Suffolk
Level Contributor
49 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sensatori (Lyttos Beach)

Hi Lee,

We have booked two weeks at Sensatori resort next July with Thomson. They were very helpful in giving me as much information as possible although as you say the resort has yet to be completed. We have booked the top of the range room with separate bedroom because the rates are really good bearing in mind it's a 5 star. From the description, it all sounds too perfect. We have been looking for something of a special family holiday and when you compare a lot of 4 star resorts in the school holidays they add up to over £3000. This resort will sell cheaper for next year because it's new but I bet the prices rocket if it's as good as it sounds.

This place seems to be excellent value for money. Full board, lots of pools, 5 Restaurants, entertainment galore. To conclude, we have taken the plunge by booking a top room (Seperate bedroom), own private pool costing an extra £300 on top.

I am not saying we are rich, but just wanted a hoilday we have not had for three years to be really good.

Is it a risk. I shall post my reply next year and let you know. I would think a company such as Thomson would look after their customers very carefully. P.S. When I booked through Thomson on the phone, (1/8/07) they had already received training and briefing on the new resort.

The crete village of Analipsi is close by and they have their own website. Sounds very quaint. Can't wait. http://www.analipsi-village.gr/analipsien/

Take the pluge. (By the way, I'm not on commission).

Terry.

UK
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Sensatori (Lyttos Beach)

Hi

Im in the same boat as Terry I have booked a room for September 2008 based on the press release information but it seemed like an oppurtunity not to miss!

Mind you book on the phone with Thomson Direct £300 off the agents price and £100 off the website.

As soon as people stay there it will be great to hear about the resort it sound amazing.

unlike Terry we decided on the swim up room!

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
44 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sensatori (Lyttos Beach)

I've also just booked up for 2 weeks in June 2008. Been a Thomson customer for many years and have not been disappointed yet. We also thought it was very good value & believe this will shoot up in price next year. Thomson Direct were very helpful & I can confirm you get a larger discount over the phone than booking via internet or travel agent. I believe the complex is due to be completed by the end of 2007.

Another factor that encouraged me to book was that the hotel is part of the Atlantica chain. We have stayed at the Atlantica Imperial in Rhodes on 2 separate occassions. The standard of comfort & service is excellent. If you are thinking of going to Rhodes I would highly recommend this hotel.

Wales
11 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Sensatori (Lyttos Beach)

I have been looking at this hotel on the website today and it does look great, for those who have spoken to Thomson about it, were they able to reassure you that everything would be ready on time??

I think I will get mu husband to phone up tomorrow and get a price if it is cheaper to ring rather than book on the internet.

surrey
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Sensatori (Lyttos Beach)

In reply to all of the above. I believe the complex is due to be finished by the end of this year and will take their first customers in May 2008. I don't think Thomson or Atlantica will let their customers down on this. (there are many horror stories about un-finished hotels).

Also Thomson travel agents do the same prices as all their other booking channels, just take the quote in.

Wales
11 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Sensatori (Lyttos Beach)

I have just booked this now, off for 11 nights on 4th May.

london
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Sensatori (Lyttos Beach)

We have now booked this as well. We went to Lyttos Beach a few years ago so are very excited to see what THomson are building there. From what i have seen in their brochure, on the internet and from the lady in the shop it does all sound very impressive - seems to be something more than just a normal hotel - looks like they are going to be concentrating on a different sort of service.

Well in any case I am very much looking forward to our trip next year - bring on the swim up rooms!

Glasgow
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sensatori (Lyttos Beach)

Hi, I have also booked this hotel. A family of 5 for July 2008. I cannot actually find much information on Lyttos Beach - does anyone know if there are things to do outwith the hotel within walking distance. I have read about Analipsi but cannot find much on Lyttos Beach.

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
505 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sensatori (Lyttos Beach)

I've booked this for next June and wanted to go for 10 nights but was told that it was only 7 or 14 nights - however one of the above posts says he's going for 11 nights??

Has anyone else booked for 10 nights?

I also didn't get it any cheaper than I could have booked it on the internet but on the other hand I did get the insurance cheaper and also nectar points (which you don't get on the internet)

merseyside
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Sensatori (Lyttos Beach)

can anyone find the official website for sensatori resort? I know there is one because i stumbled across it last week and now ive decieded to book it, i cannot find it again!

Thanks

Sue