We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

help(elounda, bali, makriyalos, georgepopolus)(crap spelling

scotland
Level Contributor
247 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
help(elounda, bali, makriyalos, georgepopolus)(crap spelling

I no ure goni ask me whats my plans :-) , chil nice beach restraunts few tavernas no d i s c o..............clean apartemantos many thanx 4 u re info

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
338 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: help(elounda, bali, makriyalos, georgepopolus)(crap spelling

Sorry, could you repeat that in English please?? :-)

moscow
Level Contributor
95 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: help(elounda, bali, makriyalos, georgepopolus)(crap spelling

Bali has nice beaches but very overcrowded! there are some bars and tavernas and no disicos or may be only one.its a small nice place but there are too many people in high season. but i liked bali

Elounda is a very expensive resort and close to the beach are only very vewry expnesive hotels and not expewnisve hotels and appart-hotels are very high and it a very low walk down to the beach and i am afraid even more hard going back from the beach. coz i should climb

there are tavernas and small shops as well but everything will be more expensive than in other places of crete. but elounda has great views and its the most beautiful and romantic place i belive

as for georgeroupolis it has very long sandy beach but to my mind its not very nice place. i dont mean its bad but very sad views and landscapes...

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Crete, Greece
Elounda
Elounda
Crete, Greece
scotland
Level Contributor
247 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: help(elounda, bali, makriyalos, georgepopolus)(crap spelling

Thanx for your reply & sorry if you didnt understand my english :-) so the choice is down to bali or elounda, looks like elounda heights or bali? all info appreciated

moscow
Level Contributor
95 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: help(elounda, bali, makriyalos, georgepopolus)(crap spelling

look

elounda is great but expensive!! all hotels which are at the sea are very expensive and high standart, if u want appartments or cheap 3 stars hotels i am afraid u will have to walk down to the sea very far! and to climn high,,its hard i think but if u are very sporty may be its not a problem..

in bali also many hotels are not on the beach....u also should climb but not so high ,,,there are sevral beaches at bali..all are small but the first beach when u enter bali is a bit bigger but also overcrowded., other 3 beaches are very very small so if u get up early at 8-10 and go to the sea that time its ok and after 6 pm is also ok. but after 10.00 or 10.30 am there are so many people at the beach that its not seems nice. i get ip early and go to brach early and in 12.30 i leave beach and travel by car and go to beach again arbout 7 pm so for me it is not a problem but if u like to stay a lot of time on the beach may be for u it will be too overcrowded.

also in bali about 80 percents i think are russian tourists and russian people go to the beach very early))) so if u will come at 11 it will be extremly hard to find a place

in elounda beaches are also small but it didnt seem to me that they are so overcrowded as bali..

ksvros and georgiroulolis have very long sandy beaches ,..no problem to find a place but i like nice landscapes and those areas are not nice to eyes at all

also u can try places west frtom hania town..as glaros and platanias,..also sandy neaches ..tavernas...in platanias shops and bars and many people in th evevning...from glaros to hania 5 km and from platanias about 8 i think....not do great views but not bad at all..i stayed in glaros last summer but in an enxpensve hotels and i dont know much about cheap hotels and appartments...i know there is Yakinthos hotel 3 stars...i read only one review about it on this site..also porto alegre in kalamaki close to hania also

try to search in sites devoted to crete...

as i am from russia i know only those hotels which are sold in our touristic market...by out tour operators...

in bali i stayed in Talea beach its 3 stars hotel with good location it is located right close to the beach and the beach near that hotel is the biiggest in bali!!

but it is ALL inclusive only and the food i didnt like at all...some people didnt complain but for me food was very very poor..better to eat in tavernas..unfortunatly this hotel work only on all inclisuve

there are also Bali Mare...i dont know about it

pleas look here ,,,trhere is the list of hotels in bali which are offered by our agencies

there text in in russian but u can see the names of hotels and photos and there are aslo the links to the official sites of some hotels if u look carefully at the text in the end u will see the link

just click on the names of the hotels and see...

alo u can search in google...just write - crete bali accomodation

www.voyage-luxe.ru/chapter195.html?uid=761

Mentioned in this post
Yakinthos Hotel
Yakinthos Hotel
360 Reviews
Crete, Greece
Russia
Russia
Europe
Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
338 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: help(elounda, bali, makriyalos, georgepopolus)(crap spelling

Hi there

Elounda is no more expensive than anywhere else on the island. It does cater for the maturer visitor but is no different than anywhere else. I'd go for Elounda anytime rather than Bali - nothing wrong with Bali but it does get very crowded these days.

Elounda offers wonderful views across to Spinalonga Island and you only have to go 2 kms north of the resort to find the best fish restaurants on the island.

Mentioned in this post
Elounda
Elounda
Crete, Greece
Bali
Bali
Crete, Greece
moscow
Level Contributor
95 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: help(elounda, bali, makriyalos, georgepopolus)(crap spelling

Not true. Elounda is more expensive (i was there at 2005) than other places even if u compare prices in tavernas and bars. And the hotels are the most expensive there. if appatrments and cheap hotels than too far to walk down to the beach. If u are sporty person and ready for too much walking up and down sure go to Elounda/ Great romantic views and in Plaka very good but not cheap at all fish tavernas. Agios Nikolaos is about 7-8 km . But beaches are alo not big. Spinalonga is worth seeing. I would recommend u not to stay on the beach all day but to explore some parts of the islands at list which are not far from the place u will stay.

Mentioned in this post
Elounda
Elounda
Crete, Greece
Agios Nikolaos
Agios Nikolaos
Crete, Greece
Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
338 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: help(elounda, bali, makriyalos, georgepopolus)(crap spelling

Well, we could go on all night here then couldn't we? Maybe you just happened to dine in more expensive restaurants than you did elsewhere in Crete - I've been all over the island for 15 years and Elounda isn't any dearer. If you've only ever visited once, and that was two years ago, how do you know that it's more expensive?

Mentioned in this post
Crete
Crete
Greece
Elounda
Elounda
Crete, Greece
Inverness, scotland
Level Contributor
791 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: help(elounda, bali, makriyalos, georgepopolus)(crap spelling

We are staying in Elounda this September in the Portobella apts - they are situated just behind the beach & are not expensive. The expensive 5* hotels are situated in the Elounda area but I believe are not in the centre of the village, there are various options for reasonable priced accomodation in Elounda.

Mentioned in this post
Elounda
Elounda
Crete, Greece
moscow
Level Contributor
95 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: help(elounda, bali, makriyalos, georgepopolus)(crap spelling

i have visited crete 2 times in 2005 and 2006 and rented a car and travelled all over the island every day so i know the other places well. as for staying in hotels in 2005 i stayed in elounda and in 2006 i stayed in glaros near hania and also in bali. and sure i went to tavernas and shops in other places in crete also. i dont say that the prices in shops and bars much bigger but they were higher than in other places. i dont mean sure the Rhethymnon restarants near the port which also was very expensive.

and i think that eventhough i liked elounda very very much if i couldnt afford staying in rather expensive hotel on the beach i would not stay in elounda..coz its really hard to climb so high several times a day....

moscow
Level Contributor
95 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: help(elounda, bali, makriyalos, georgepopolus)(crap spelling

yes u are right may be we are speaking about not the same place

really expensive hotels are not in the center of elounda but 2 km from it...and there are some hotels 4 and even 5 stars which are very high and every time i passed by i thought how people managed to climb so high many times a day! but some hotels as our was, were situated right on the beach.

yes may be if to search in the center of elounda or futher in the direction of plaka it is possible to find appartments not expensive and not far from beach...just may be a bit of noise as in the evenings there is mucis from bars and many cars and bikes

bali is a very nice places very nice landscapes but a bit overcrowded..its true...

Youme

if u manage to find not expensive hotel which will satisfy u and which will be not far from the beach and not high - and there will not be nosiy i sm sure u will like that place! Elounda is one of my favourite places in crete!

Mentioned in this post
Elounda
Elounda
Crete, Greece