We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sensatori Resort - Construction UPDATES?

London
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Topic
Sensatori Resort - Construction UPDATES?

I thought it would be a good idea to start a forum where people can post any updates / information about the Sensatori resort. I've been trawling through the internet trying to find some more information (or even pictures of the construction!), but haven't had any luck.

So if we find anything out from Thomson or the internet in general, I thought we could share it here with everyone else who's booked to go next year!

London
Level Contributor
211 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sensatori Resort - Construction UPDATES?

I am happy to share any information that I find out about the resort - I've spent many hours already, but not had much luck! I'm booked to go in August so I have a whole year of being stuck to my computer!!!

Camberley, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sensatori Resort - Construction UPDATES?

im very tempted to book for next summer with family, i have friends that live in crete and will ask them to check on progress when they are in that area.

england
Level Contributor
207 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sensatori Resort - Construction UPDATES?

That would be great.....thanks

England
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Sensatori Resort - Construction UPDATES?

Hi all

I have spoken to Thompson today and they are saying that the Sensatori is now due for completion by October this year.

Hope this info is of help to those who are not quite sure about booking.

Citizen

Head Office
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Sensatori Resort - Construction UPDATES?

Hi all,

I work on Sensatori in Thomson head office - I thought it would be easier to share all our updates with you directly rather than you having to struggle for information from bits and pieces you might find around the net.

If anyone has any specific questions they want answering then I will do my best - as the hotel is still under construction there are still things that are unconfirmed at this stage so I may not be able to cover everything, but I shall certainly do my best.

Finally, just to say congratulations for buying Sensatori! We are as excited about here in headoffice as our guests seem to be also - it's something very new for us and also very new for the travel industry as a whole so we're very glad to welcome you on board our Sensatori adventure!

Regards,

T

England
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Sensatori Resort - Construction UPDATES?

Hi T

I will start with the basics

1. Could you tell me when the hotel is scheduled to be completed.

2. Is the design going to be the same as the computer graphics.

3. How safe is your partnership with the Atlantica Group.

4. Who else besides Thompson is marketing(or will be) this

property.

Finally for now thanks for going through the trouble of posting on the public area of the net, Having gone through the hell of a new hotel not being completed at all (First Choice Kos Aqua Beach) any info is appreciated

Citizen

London
Level Contributor
211 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sensatori Resort - Construction UPDATES?

T - a couple more:

With regard to the swim-up rooms, what is the depth of the pool directly outside the room - will there be steps ??? and is it OK for young children - obviously marketing the rooms as family swim-up suites they should be!

Do the family suites have beds for each person - or are some pull-out beds.

Any more updates from you will be reassuring and any further information regarding the resort will be great - as I think we are all very excited about it!

Thanks for your help.

Head Office
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Sensatori Resort - Construction UPDATES?

Hi Citizen,

1. We are still working to a date of the end of 2007. I can assure you that unlike the normal rate of progress of a new hotel build, we are very confident that everything will be up and running in plenty of time for first arrivals next May.

2. The computer graphics are very early impressions of the resort so what you'll find is that the layout and main features are pretty much spot on, but what might be subject to finer detail change are the more intricate areas such as the public areas and the rooms. I want to reassure though that this hotel is being built to 5* deluxe standards so the final finish of the build will be top notch.

3. The Atlantica Group are long-standing partners of ours with whom we share many business interests across the Eastern Med. Customers should have no worries with regards to this.

4. All Sensatori hotels will be completely exclusive to Thomson, you will only be able to book your Sensatori holiday through us. This means we can control the attractive levels of pricing much easier and also you will receive a much more consistent level of marketing given that all official information will only be from one source (i.e. us!)

Given that Sensatori is so new and so different to anything in the holiday market at the moment we wanted to make sure that we got close to our customers so that any fears of the unknown were eased at the stage of booking. We hope that you will pleasantly surprised by this level of Sensatori service from the beginning to the end of your holiday experience.

T

Head Office
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Sensatori Resort - Construction UPDATES?

Hi Familym123,

Unfortauntely I can't confirm details such as exact depths of the pools outside the swim-up rooms. I can however reassure you that (as with every other Thomson new build) all health and safety elements of the resort have already been assessed and will continue to be so right up until final completion date. Legally we are not allowed swim up rooms without decking/tiled area between the pool and the door. So with this and the safety elements in mind you should have no concerns with the suitability of these swim up rooms for families.

I don't believe the final finish of the family suites is confirmed yet, but can assure you that I will be in touch with updates as and when this sort of information comes about.

T

england
Level Contributor
207 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sensatori Resort - Construction UPDATES?

Thanks T for the info and quick responses.....please keep it up :)

Re the swim up rooms, when First Choice promoted with computer images their new Holiday Village in Egypt, it showed pools directly outside the swim up rooms with steps from your patio straight into it. However, when it was actually built there was your private patio, a pathway running along the front of the rooms, then your private sunbeds and then a sloping entrance to the pool. This may possibly have been because of H&S issues and maybe the Sensatori will be similiar? Do you think we will get our own sunbeds/shades with the swim up rooms? Its what I would expect of a 5*plus hotel :)

T......can you give a more accurate idea of walking distance to the nearest village Analipsi? I think a few of us have looked on Google Earth so can you tell us what, if anything, is either side of the hotel so we can see whereabouts it is? We'll have loads more specific questions nearer the time but appreciate that at the moment its early days.

Thanks again