We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Santorini To Crete Ferrie

New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,137 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Santorini To Crete Ferrie

I did a search and found only one running for Sept 16th.. It's the Hellenic @ 17:45 hrs. I though there was one that left Santorini in the morning? Does anyone know if there are others, if so do I have to book in advance?

PS, thanks for the help with the camp grounds.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
193 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Santorini To Crete Ferrie

The best website I know of for anything related to Greece, including ferry schedules is:

http://www.greecetravel.com/ferryboats/

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Santorini To Crete Ferrie

There are a couple checking www.gtp.gr .... The 'Ntaliana' (GA Ferries - old and slow but does the job:) departs at 1:20 in the afternoon..arriving 5:50p .... believe there's also a 'middle-of- the-night (day) departing at 4:40a .... You can also check www.greekferries.gr .... Chances are by that time (middle of Sept) schedules will be changing anyway so best to check while there..preferrably days ahead to see what's available:) Happy travels INXS2:) ..... and Enjoy!

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
11,833 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Santorini To Crete Ferrie

There is the occasional G&A or Lane line ferry from Santorini to Crete in the early morning, but they only amount to 3 per week and you would have to be lucky to get one on exactly the date required, but it is always worth checking the ferry agents whilst on Santorini. You won't need to book they are large car ferries.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,137 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Santorini To Crete Ferrie

Thanks to all, I'll look into it when I get to Santorini.

Caversham, United...
Level Contributor
384 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Santorini To Crete Ferrie

http://www.openseas.gr/OPENSEAS/index_en.vm

The site used by travel agents and IMO by far the most relaible

Caversham, United...
Level Contributor
384 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Santorini To Crete Ferrie

Forgot to add, there are Cat services to Iraklio on both 16th and 17th, (Premium Fare). The first conventional ferry (The Daliana) is on Tuesday night and arrives at around 02:30 AM in Iraklio.

7. Re: Santorini To Crete Ferrie

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2009, 03:16