We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

This is SAD! No posts here for months?

Stuck in North Texas
Level Contributor
760 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
This is SAD! No posts here for months?

And we're visiting here for a day in October and have no idea what to do - where to go - and where to eat!

Oh Trip Advisor - how sad this is.

Do I have to go to Virtual Traveler for info? Ah woe.

Thessaloniki, Greece
Level Contributor
3,186 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: This is SAD! No posts here for months?

hi.

do you need any information ? on what?

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
6,120 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: This is SAD! No posts here for months?

Where is "here"? Is this a game? If we guess right, do we win a prize? Oh goody

Stuck in North Texas
Level Contributor
760 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: This is SAD! No posts here for months?

Hi Tellis and thanks for the reply. I posted this message thinking that I was in the Heraklion Forum - which is not active - Sorry about that.

Yes, we will be coming for a day in October and are looking for some information about where to go, what to see, where to eat and where to drink!

Maybe it would be wise to rent a car? I truly don't know anything about this area and I've "googled" for info but not much forthcoming.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: This is SAD! No posts here for months?

Sounds like you're on a cruise..and you're in Heraklion for a day?! .... Can't imagine 'only 1 day' here otherwise!! A main attraction here, if you're into archaeolgical sites, is Knossos..a fantastic site just outside of Heraklion..If interested, it would be worth it to go..To rent a car for the day, other than maybe hitting a beach (WHEN are you going?!) may be about the only thing may not be worth it as this isle is HUGE and a port-of-call stop could best, IMO, be utilized just taking in this metropolis of a port City:) A bit more info on your part would help us all out to help YOU out:) Enjoy!

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
6,120 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: This is SAD! No posts here for months?

Read Kazantzakis' novel "Freedom or Death" all about the Cretans' stubborn life-long struggle against the TUrk oppressors... set in Heraklion about 1890 ... and then you'll want to prowl around the old parts of the city, looking in Fountain Square for the "Hanging tree" and the gates where the peasants were let in every day etc. And of course, the Venetian old port & fortress

Where to eat? Ouzerie Hippocampos, on traffic circle right in front of the fortress. Plates and plates of mezedes, all good.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: This is SAD! No posts here for months?

Ahhh! you did mention October..just re-read!! Again, need a bit more info to assist:) Enjoy!

Lux
Level Contributor
1,045 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: This is SAD! No posts here for months?

Me too, I don´t know where to go, what to see, where to eat and where to drink on October 12. You are lucky, you at least know that you will be in Heraklion.

Go and see the tomb of Nikos Kazantzakis and meditate the epitaph:

I hope for nothing. I fear nothing. I am free.

H2

8. Re: This is SAD! No posts here for months?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2009, 13:16