We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

location of irelena apartments

West of Scotland
3 posts
Save Topic
location of irelena apartments

Hi, can anyone tell me where irelena apartments in stalis are located? i have been to stalis before but to different apartments and just wondered whereabouts this one is? i was at the hersonissos end of stalis when i went before

Caerphilly, United...
Level Contributor
1,534 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: location of irelena apartments

The Irelena Apartments are in the centre of Stalis slightly back from the main road. If you take the road just opposite the Anthousa Hotel (large AI on the main street) walk about 50m you'll come to a narrow road on your left just at the end of this road is the Irelena.

It's really well situated as you're only 5 mins from the beach, bars and restuarants (closer to some), but in a quieter location as you're off the main streets. I stayed there 2 years ago and just down the road last year (same place this year) so if you have any more questions let me know.

West of Scotland
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: location of irelena apartments

Thanks for the info, that's great. Where I stayed last time was a bit further out and up in the hills! it was lovely but looking forward to being more central. What are the apartments like inside? I've only heard good reports so far :)

Caerphilly, United...
Level Contributor
1,534 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: location of irelena apartments

There are 2 blocks of Irelena Apartments, the Irelena II and the Irelena I, we stayed in II which are the most recently built, and I have to say it was probably the biggest studio I have ever stayed in, very clean and bright.

The pool area is nice, and as you're in a cul-de-sac the only passing traffic you see are the scooters and quad bikes of the people staying there. There is a taverna called Ansi next door, that serves a good breakfast, and my favourite restaurant in Stalis the Katerina Taverna at the end of the road - this is where we stayed last year and will be again this year.

Across from the Irelena is another apartment block with it's own pool, and last year this was closed and being totally renovated (by a friend of George who owns the Katerina) so it will be interesting for us to see how that turned out.

The only downside from staying in the Irelena is that it is very echoey, and when we were there a group of lads, who couldn't get accommodation in Malia, were staying there as well. They were good as gold around the pool in the day, but when they got back at 5am after clubbing, I could have quite happily clubbed them! To be fair to the Kosmar rep she did warn them and they were a bit better after that.

Saying that we had a great holiday and I would quite happily stay there again.

Have a fantastic time!

London
Level Contributor
69 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: location of irelena apartments

Hi, i'm staying at Irelena 1 in July, I chose Irelena 1 as the doors of the apartments are outside and not in corridors like Irelena 2, do you think have I made a wise choice? I stayed in apartments off corridors last year in Kos and the banging doors echoed really loudly. Can't wait to go, not too long now.

Caerphilly, United...
Level Contributor
1,534 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: location of irelena apartments

I didn't go in the Irelena I apartments sorry, but I did speak to a family who were staying in the ground floor apartment there and they were very happy with their choice. I'm sure you'll have a fantastic time!

I'll be staying in the Katerina apartments that are just down the road in July (arriving on the 18th) so if you see a short dark haired Welsh woman in her 40s who's had a few too many glasses wines sitting in the Katerina restaurant or dancing in the Irish House (I only manage that once in the fortnight as the knees are starting to go now) then that could be me :-)

London
Level Contributor
69 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: location of irelena apartments

I'm going on 1st July back on 14th, so when i get back you'll still be going!!!! :0(

I have read other reviews that the waves get very big in Stalis, are the waves always big or will I be able to go out on a lilo?

Caerphilly, United...
Level Contributor
1,534 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: location of irelena apartments

They put a red flag out on the beach when the waves get a bit too rough so just keep an eye on that, but you'll see lots of people on lilos etc.

If you want to hire sunbeds and an unbrella head towards the beach in the centre of Stalis specifically the area behind the Irish House. Last year they were 2 euros a day cheaper for 2 beds, unbrella and little table than further up the beach (the part of the beach you'll coome to first after walking from the Irelena). Its not much but it adds up over 2 weeks! But don't forget you don't have to hire the beds and you can always just lie out on your lilo and towels, dont let anyone tell you otherwise!

London, United...
Level Contributor
491 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: location of irelena apartments

try www.stalis.info they have a map with all the accommodations

West of Scotland
3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: location of irelena apartments

Thanks for all the info :)

10. Re: location of irelena apartments

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2009, 04:15