We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any secluded beaches on the North East coast....

London
Level Contributor
44 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Any secluded beaches on the North East coast....

...or are they all swamped?!

We are renting in Latsida for a few days and want to explore the area. We thought we would take in the Lassithi Plateau ( great post Graham, inpsiring! ) but would also like to go off the beaten track a bit.

Is this at all possible in high season?

Are there any beaches worth visiting that wont be covered in beach towels?

Any thoughts gratefully received.

Louisa

bologna,italy
Level Contributor
250 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Any secluded beaches on the North East coast....

You can try Istro and Paha Ammos, between Ag.Nik. and Sfaka, or have a look to the sandy creeks you can notice along your drive, 50 m. vertically down. Avoid Vai Palm Beach, but make yourself a present reaching Kato Zachros Archeological site and its long sandy usually desert beach.

Caerphilly, United...
Level Contributor
1,551 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any secluded beaches on the North East coast....

I love Istro beach but I think gone are the days when you'll get any sort of seclusion there, it was pretty busy last year.

There are a few man-made beaches in Sissi, Bufos has a bar with snacks etc., and can get quite busy but if you go around to the next cove (can't remember what its called) you'll find some peace and quiet. It's rocky though so take your Crocs :-)

Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
11,375 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any secluded beaches on the North East coast....

Hi There, I would suggest the silver beach in Istron we were there two weeks ago, and even in August there were about 6 people on this stretch of beach.

Weesp, The...
Level Contributor
3,020 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any secluded beaches on the North East coast....

Also near Sitia you will find nice lonely beaches, like Itanos, so close to Vai, but more quiet.

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any secluded beaches on the North East coast....

Hi Louisa

Istron beach would get my vote too. Don't bank on having it all to yourselves in high season though!!

6. Re: Any secluded beaches on the North East coast....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 February 2010, 05:17