We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boat hire around Aghios Nikolaos or Chania

London, United...
Level Contributor
9,581 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Boat hire around Aghios Nikolaos or Chania

On our trip this autumn we will be staying for a few days in the hills inland from Heraklion, then for a week in Aghios Nikolaos and finally a few days in Chania.

Can anyone recommend somewhere we can either rent a self drive boat for a day or more, or alternatively a boat with a skipper for a day to go snorkelling etc.

Ideally in or around Aghios Nikolaos but we do have 4 days in Chania if that is a better option.

Again thanks for the help.

Weesp, The...
Level Contributor
3,020 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boat hire around Aghios Nikolaos or Chania

I know 1 in Chania and in Gouves, near Agios Nikolaos, so PM me and i can give more details. Both are with skippers. In Greece it's difficult to rent full private boats, unless papers are checked before your arrival in your holiday resort. This because of the many illlegal boat transports of refugees from outside the EU.

Maldon, Essex, UK
Level Contributor
137 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boat hire around Aghios Nikolaos or Chania

There were some self drive day boats for hire on the road between Elounda & Plaka, but I don't have any details other than just seeing the sign driving past.

London, United...
Level Contributor
9,581 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Boat hire around Aghios Nikolaos or Chania

Thanks for the information both of you.

4. Re: Boat hire around Aghios Nikolaos or Chania

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 February 2011, 06:56