We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eurocypria = Problems

Troodos Mountains...
Destination Expert
for Troodos Mountains
Level Contributor
1,118 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Eurocypria = Problems

I have been asked to repost this to the Crete Forum from the original Cyprus Forum as I am told the airline operates to Crete from UK.

I am limited by the fact that I have to rely on the English language press and web sites here but it appears that there is a major problem with Eurocypria airline. It seems that it may have been either shut down or the staff are on indefinite strike. The closure story is that the CEO is not happy that he can run a safe airline with a disaffected staff. Cyprus Airways are apparently trying to sort the flight problems out for passengers.

From what I can find UK is not much affected but remember I can not read Greek so there may be better information elsewhere.

Longer term it is the government's plan to merge the 2 debt ridden airlines, but the EU has to rule on that nor are the staffs of the airlines happy with the plans and job losses.

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eurocypria = Problems

Hi Fred

Their website is very disjointed - it actually asks you to call them to determine where they actually fly from and to, as they don't provide that info on their web pages!. It says many flights are on an "ad hoc" basis and that some flights are covered for them by their "charterers". Seems an odd way to run an airline or attract passengers.

www.eurocypria.com/main/default.aspx?tabid=99

Ah, here we are, Wiki report that the Airline filed for bankrupcy yesterday and will cease all fights within a week.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eurocypria_Airlines

Edited: 05 November 2010, 16:34
2. Re: Eurocypria = Problems

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 May 2011, 06:22