We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

help on where to go please in Crete

lincolnshire
Level Contributor
1,273 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
help on where to go please in Crete

We are thinking of going back to crete in Sep we have been to Ag Nik and Rethymnon where else would be similar to stay we are both in our 60's so don't want a young resort we like to be able to hop on a bus or maybe go for long walks, we liked both the above places.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
1,634 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: help on where to go please in Crete

The town of Chania is worth to stay. An enchanting old port . Good bus connections to everywhere, you might wish to hop on a bus and explore Crete all the way to the west tip. I would say it is nicer than Rethymnon.

Just outside the town there are beaches.

Surrey, United...
Destination Expert
for Agios Nikolaos, Elounda, Crete
Level Contributor
11,006 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: help on where to go please in Crete

Yes I would also suggest that you try Chania, a beautiful town, with a pretty harbour area, surrounded by beautiful countryside, and agree with Morocco, I also prefer it to Rethymnon.

3. Re: help on where to go please in Crete

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2012, 09:21