We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

crete car rental

Plovdiv, Bulgaria
Level Contributor
1 post
24 reviews
Save Topic
crete car rental

Hi,friends,i travel to Crete at the end of august.Can you, based on your experience reccommend me reliable car rental companies with reasonable prices?Thank you in advance.

80 replies to this topic
London, England...
Level Contributor
7 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: crete car rental

Hello to all,

I would recommend Art CarRentals Crete. I have tried them before and i think they were the best so far.

No extra charges, new cars and good service in all major ports and airports.

I am going this summer again in Crete, I booked with them taking an extra discount too.

Brin

London, England...
Level Contributor
7 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: crete car rental

Hello to all,

I would recommend Art CarRentals Crete. I have tried them before and i think they were the best so far.

No extra charges, new cars and good service in all major ports and airports.

I am going this summer again in Crete, I booked with them taking an extra discount too.

Brin

brussels
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: crete car rental

I've just come back from Crete, and had a very good experience with MegaRent.

I flew in to Heraklion late, there was no extra charge for delivering the car (a focus with petrol engine). The people were friendly and straightforward, the car was in very good condition. The paperwork was done very quickly. No problems with the car. Return was straightforward with no hidden surprises. In short absolutely pain free.

Vilnius, Lithuania
Level Contributor
4 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: crete car rental

During our stay in Crete for 2 weeks this year we rented a car from Art Carrentals Crete, from Mr. Nikos. And we were totally satisfied with the service they provided to us. Our plane landed at midnight and a man was waiting for us in the airport. When we saw our new member of family for 2 weeks, a red Huinday I10, I was just happy. It was a new car, shiny clean and in perfect technical stay. We got a car of upgraded level for the same money.

We price we got included everything, and no extra charges appeared later. So, they did what they promised and I was happy.

1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: crete car rental

I want to recommend not to use MONZA Rent a Car

I made a reservation for category Intermediate, Mercedes A-Class or similar, and when I came to Heraklion they gave me Peugeut 307 saying that this is the car that they have. The Peugeut 307 had a problem and after 2 hours in the garage they replaced it with Hyundai Accent. When I said that this is not the category that I reserved the guy told me that I can go to another company.

Don't use Monza

Dallas, Texas...
Level Contributor
11 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: crete car rental

Rented a car at Heraklion Airport July 22-27, 2013. After having our original car rental cancelled by another company we used ANNA Car Rental which turned out to be 5 Star Perfect. They did everything exactly as they stated that they would and delivered a clean new Toyota Auris which is what we requested. No extra charges, everything was fair and honest. The next time we go to Crete we will use them for sure! You can reach them via Internet and their phone number is 30 2810762019

Kent
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: crete car rental

BEWARE of companies that have a policy of charging you an inflated price for a full tank of petrol and insist that you return it empty. If you are unable to use all the fuel there is no refund.

I booked through Arguscarhire who said there quote had no hidden extras. When the documentation came through for Olympic car hire it confirmed the price to pay at counter was my quoted figure. However when we collected the car from the airport we were asked to pay 100 euros for fuel. We were unable to use all the fuel during our short stay and returned with half a tank but was refused any kind of refund. Make sure you read the small print!

Manchester...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
28. Re: crete car rental

MONZA CAR HIRE - CRETE

hi, i was recommended to use this firm from jet2holidays and turned out to be the worst mistake ever. I initially contacted these to provide me with a cabrio automatic. on the day i was due to rent the car, they said they could only give me a manual. which was fine. until the 2nd day of using it, we had a tyre blow out on the motorway - waited over an hour for Mr Manos to send a non-english speaking rep! my mother had to clear away from the fast traffic and in doing so fell down some rocks and cut all her leg open. this cost me a further 108 EUROS for a doctor to put a plaster on. On the third day i complained that the replacement car's auto roof system was not working and on day 4 they changed it again. not before i was actually insulted by text by Mr Manos that i overspeed and that he didnt charge me for the tyre because he was reasonable (even though i apparently have full damage waiver - which i paid extra for) - he wouldnt admit that his cars were defective. I had children with me too and felt so deeply offended by his comments to me. I tried to explain that his death trap could have killed me and my family if i hadnt have controlled the car and he simply stated that he could find no reason to give me any money back. eventually his english speaking rep came to the resort and i managed to get 100 euros repayment in part payment for the medical treatment at least. I didnt use the vehicle again after that due to loss of trust and all together i paid 350 euros for a day and a half hire (thats the period i used it) and 108 euros for medical treatment.

Dallas, Texas...
Level Contributor
11 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: crete car rental

This is why I posted on my review that folks should use ANNA CARS so that they would NOT be ripped off!

Ellicott City MD
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: crete car rental

I'll relate my bad experience with "Trust Car Rental" at the Heraklion airport. We rented a car from them, but the first car's front tires were bald, so we went back to the counter for another car. We drove the 2nd car around the parking lot and it was way underpowered and not suitable for the mtns where we were headed. My wife needed an Automatic. We then decided to cancel the reservation and look elsewhere for a car.

When we went back to the counter, they told us that they could not cancel the car and refund our credit card. The woman working was not trained in refunds and we would have to take the car (No!) or come back when a manager was there (another day). We had no plans to return until the end of our trip. When we did return to the airport for a morning flight, they Trust counter was closed.

We charged back to our credit card and Trust told AMEX that they could not rent the car out during that time even though we told them to cancel and got a signature from the counter lady. They fought AMEX and eventually AMEX gave up and charged us.

Horrible customer service from Trust. They should not have someone working who can't refund transactions on the spot.

Reply to: crete car rental
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted